Bad review... HELP

I want to LOL but it’s kind of a serious problem.

1 Like

It SURE is a serious issue @KKC! I totally agree! I just could not imagine those kind of situations.

1 Like

LoL. Its not the amount of guns I am most weary of in America, its some of the ones that get to hold them.

3 Likes

I know that you are choosing the best response (the thumbs down, etc.), but I sure do love hypertokyo’s ‘short and sweet’ version. This is the sixth time I’ve read it and it still cracks me up!

2 Likes

It is succinct no doubt, but the mention of Child Services and the ownership of a gun which no one knows where she actually kepted it during her stay is… perhaps its entering a morality play. The mere mention she stayed with you, with zero further comments, in combination with thumps down may suffice to covey the point, which is: 'Beware of this potential loose cannon", no punt intended.

3 Likes

From the day I started hosting, I had it in my house rules that weapons are not allowed in my home. I put that rule in simply for my own peace of mind, so that I know that it has been clearly stated and documented. So far, I have had no issues at all.

@daniellealberta, how does one go about enforcing this?

1 Like

Where does one draw the line as to what is a weapon?

@Mearns No one knows if she has a thumbs down though, you cannot tell what marks I give. There is a lot wrong with that!
You are exactly right about your comment about it’s not the guns that are the scary part, the problem is when you put a gun in a crazy person’s hands.
She told me the gun was going to be kept in the car but a gun is easy to bring in without my knowledge. I also have no weapons on my list of rules. I guess it is actually a request because I cannot ever know if there is one in the house.

Ask to see her license . Tell her you dont have guns in your house.

If shes difficult call police

1 Like

The whole scene @Rebecca1 must have been nerve-wracking; subconsciously, all you are praying for is the person doesn’t go berserk on you.

1 Like

Holy crap. “Are you afraid of guns?” What? How about crazy people with guns? I feel 100% comfortable in demanding no guests have firearms.

Wait a minute - “each time you have reviewed her for communication?” have you hosted this woman before?

3 Likes

I have hosted her for 40 days in the past two months. Two long stays and a few short ones…some just weekends at the beginning.

That would be a terrible idea if you ask me. With no training at all in a gun-love country would make more damage than help.

You’ve gotten a lot of good advice, @Rebecca1 - and I hope you did leave an honest review. I think you wrote it well yourself! “Guest was highly combative and made me very anxious. I was uncomfortable having a guest on my property that was in possession of a firearm”.

3 Likes

Here is what she came back with when I left my review. This is on her profile but is linked to mine. I’m pissed!

My review: This guest did not comply with the rules of our listing. I would not feel comfortable having her back.

Janet Response from Janet:
More head games from Rebecca. Last night Airbnb had to phone her after she refused to mail my daily planner back to me. She ignored my email as well as the email from Airbnb to return it. Notice she doesn’t mention what “rules I didn’t comply with?” Because there weren’t any! Rebecca kicks anyone who doesn’t followhercontrolling ways. She begged me, on a daily basis to move in full time after one roommate leaves the24th of this month! Begged me daily! The pressure was unbearable. The only reason I stayed as long ask did was because she has kids around my son’s age. Rebecca did NOT want my son going to his summer program or visiting his friends and got mad whenever he did. She would say, “Nicky should just stay here and play with her kids.” Her kids sit on the couch all day and play on their computers! Not what I want for my child! We we went out with our friends, she give us the silent treatment. I was extremely uncomfortable with the cameras which show the entire kitchen and family room area. Rebecca and Ken watch from their phones what’s going on in the house when they’re not home. They did NOT tell me about the cameras before I got there! I noticed them on my own! Ken told me how he saw me sitting on the couch one day while he was at work. Every night is exactly the same. Rebecca and Ken and their kids, four computers, and they are all on one. Zero conversation. Their kids Never go to friends houses for play dates and no kids ever come over to play. Not one visitor from late March until early June when I left, by MY decision. Very dysfunctional. Bryan, who Renecca used as a reference, is a very nice guy. He’s in a wheelchair, lives there and has a hard life. Rebecca constantly yells at him and puts him down. I feel very sorry for him, he rarely comes out to visit because of the way she treats him. Her adult daughter lived there for a while and Tebecca tried to control every aspect of her life. She went so far as Togo into the texts on the daughter’s cell phone! She discovered her daughter was seeing her old boyfriend, so she Kicked her own daughter out! Forever! If Rebecca can’t control the situation, she goes into screaming fits! Forget ever trying to have a conversation with Ken. Each and every time Rebecca will interrupt either with her high pitched extremely loud laugh or by taking as loud as she can by interrupting. Le does nothing to stop her. He just sits there and closes his mouth when she does this. My last night there, the roommate who is moving out and u pulled up at the same time. We stood in the front yard talking for a while. Rebecca went ballistic over this! From inside, she turned off the waterfall by the front door. There is a window on each side of the door. We could see her walking back and forth from window to window several times. At times she would stop by the front door to try to listen. We then started talking very quietly. She couldn’t stand it! She came bursting into the front yard and got right in front of me and made up some excuse to talk to him. I just left and went into my room. Then she came to my door, stood there and said, “Sooo, you and (roommate) huhh?” I just stared at her and said, “No, Rebecca, he’s a married man!” This woman is a nut case! Bryan, the nice guy in the wheelchair, is always kind and friendly. He’s been through a lot and Rebecca thinks that because she lets him live there she can treat him badly. I told her the name of an excellent therapist and she said, “NO, I’m his therapist!” This woman needs counseling more than anyone I’ve ever met! She texted me one day to ask if she could clean my room…dust, change sheets. I told her that would be fine. When I returned, she had gone through ALL my bags and suitcases and put my things in a dresser and a closet! A total invasion of my privacy! I had to stand outside her bedroom door that night and call her name to find out where my sleeping meds were ! Several times, while resting on the bed, with my door cracked open, Rebecca would appear and wake me up by talking about nothing! One night on my way out the door rose a friend, she stops me, tries to cry and wanted me to dismiss my plans to listen to her sob story! I left anyway! She’s very selfish and Rude! At the end of my final stay there, Rebecca wrote an extremely long review and sent it to me in a pdf file and wanted me to copy and paste it as my review! Not! Three days after we left, Rebecca texts me while I’m driving and said, “you left something here.” I had my son text back and ask what it was. Rebecca’s response? "Why did you take me off your (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN)? Because you’re crazy! I then had my son (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) message Ken to ask what I left. He lauded dumb and said he didn’t know. My son asked him to ask Rebecca. Ken’s response, “your mother should probably talk to Rebecca.” I told my son to put that I’m tired of their games and block Ken too. Rebecca was Obsessed with me. She is holding my daily planner as some type of souvenir of me. The night before I left, after she got up from the couch and didn’t even say, “good-bye,” I went into the bathroom and could hear her yelling throughout the house and slamming doors all over. I was actually scared and put furniture in front of the door that night. All true!

Isn’t this defamation of character?

Which bits are untrue?

Is this your listing, Rebecca? https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/10792844
It does seem to fit every part of the story. If not, what a coincidence!