Bad guest feedback advice

Sigh…I give up. …Taking a break from this board as of right now.

2 Likes

Wait… I don’t think Ellen was disagreeing with Mags. You posted after she did. ? Or am I missing something?

That’s why, fellow forumites, it’s best to quote the point being responded to. Like so.
It gets confusing otherwise.

I guess the conversation went like this. @konacoconutz I don’t see anything missing.

2 Likes

@GutHend

(You missed your calling as a court reporter.) :clown_face:

8 Likes

Please do! She is going to leave you a less than good review, you know it. So don’t be shy about doing the same. There is nothing more infuriating than leaving a gushing review for a guest who shared photos of their family, hugged you when they left etc. etc. only to find that they slam you with 3*. I don’t piss about with reviews any more - I just tell it like it is. And when you KNOW that they’re going to leave a shitty review, there are no holds barred.

Please don’t pussyfoot around this review. As said, the way she treated your housekeeper deserves a proper calling-out. It won’t affect your business because future guests will only see it if they go looking and, if they do, they will see that you are not to be messed with and that is a good thing.

3 Likes

Oh, I missed many callings. Mostly I’m glad I did :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

3 Likes

Based on the length of his posts on another thread, @GutHend has had the offer of writing a commentary on War and Peace :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

No, I didn’t have time to write short posts, so I wrote long ones instead. :wink:

3 Likes

Hamish: “Say, can you count the number of sheep in that pen over there”
Paddy: “Hm, nm, um… yeah, 57”
Hamish: “Wow how did you count them so quick?”
Paddy: “Simple! I counted the legs and divided them by 4”

:upside_down_face::rofl:

4 Likes

@Magwitch said that my views on hosts reviewing guests make me unsuitable to post on this forum. Here is her quote.

“What??? I’m so tired of disagreeing with you EllenN (!) but this is such a weird statement to make. Why on earth are you even on a community forum for Airbnb hosts if you feel like this? Seriously, why? Did I misunderstand something?”

I hit the reply arrow when I’m replying to a specific post. If you click on the arrow on the upper left hand side of the reply next to the identification of the poster being replied to you will see the post that is being replied to.

@Astaire

Reminds me of a story about my former boss. He mentioned that we had a new hire named Cox.

At the get-together that afternoon, one of the department heads asked my boss how many were in his department now. My boss answered, six.

The other guy asked, “Is that counting Cox?” My boss answered, “No, that’s counting noses.”

7 Likes

True, I’ve used that feature, but I find the quoting more straightforward. Still, both are valid, no dispute there.

Perfect. Other potential guests will read this for what it is, and may even share laughter with you on arrival. Take care and don’t stress over it. A few positive reviews will def come on.

1 Like

And the Word of the Day award goes to…

:boom::trophy:

2 Likes

This is going to bring up quite a few other jokes I know, but I’ll try to contain myself.

3 Likes

Please don’t contain yourself.

2 Likes

Are you sure, I certainly can rise to the occasion!

3 Likes

This goes right back to my system. NO to any requests unless they make sense to ME and do not signal problems in the future. I bent a little last week (just a tiny bit!) and sure enough, it bit me on the butt. Reinforcing my theory of NO.

5 Likes