Back to Toilet Paper

So does my son!!! I finally had to ask him if he had IBS!!!

I’m a little wiped out :grimacing: From reading this topic, but here’s what I do…

–I advertise as self catering and tell them I supply about a week’s worth and then they are on their own.

– i have a lot of short stays so normally I leave two rolls and it’s fine.

– today I have a 12-day reservation, so they are getting five extra large rolls plus what is in the dispenser.

– when they arrive, I show them the supplies and refer to the TP as a starter supply.

–I don’t provide paper towels. They are wasteful and expensive.

–I’ve only had one complaint and that was from a booking where I forgot to supply the TP! Oops, my bad.

–my price right now is low season, $95 per night… my lowest for a full service ocean view apartment near the beach in Hawaii. They are getting a lot for their $95.

–I also believe that supplying vast quantities of anything is signaling to the guest that they may waste or remove it from the room when they leave becasue they “paid for it.” So I limit.

If that makes me a :poop::poop::poop: host then so be it!

2 Likes

@konacoconutz

“I’m a little wiped out…” (good one!)

2 Likes

How do you know they are stealing TP? that sounds crazy to me. Maybe just using more than you anticipate.

In my case I knew it was happening because of being a live in host. 4 rolls there in the morning, 2 rolls there when I got back.

I had 7 guests for the weekend. I left 9 rolls of Costco tp, after checkout, there were 7 rolls left. I had carried three rolls down to stock up and didn’t want to carry them back upstairs. One thing I have found that I have to restock more often is dish soap, finally bought the huge Costco bottle to refill the smaller bottles.

It’s easy to tell when guests have stuffed their suitcase with your supplies and whether they have used a lot.

You should consider to use bamboo paper or recycled toilet paper. It also help to protect environment.