Avocado for breakfast

No you don’t want to make guacamole cuz that’s eaten with chips but you can make a nice whole grain toast with thin slices of avocado and maybe a Chutney drizzled on it. Or sliced tomatoes and cheese so it’s kind of a brunch item. I think most people would like them and less they have an aversion to avocados for some reason. Good idea start using them.

They are expensive here in Oregon, so I would love it if I was offered avos for brekkie!

1 Like

That sounds amazing!

There was a shortage in New Zealand and they became hot on the black market. They can be expensive but we live in a rural area and get them cheap, locally grown

2 Likes

I had told a friend at work about this forum and today I made a smart ass remark (shocking, I know) and he quickly responded with “Well, maybe you’re speeding too much time on avocado forums!” :rofl:

2 Likes

Haha, I’m also a member of sheep chat rooms! The things you do online. And no I don’t talk to sheep, just their owners. Baaa

4 Likes

NYC, particularly Brooklyn, avocado toast has become a hipster-mocking meme in our family. (Pics of avocados with witless narration such as “If only I could find someone to pay $12 to make this into avocado toast!”) We all have avocado-print socks from our last get together there and belong to the Secret Avocado Society. Yeah, we’re pretty weird.

2 Likes

Mm yammi! I would love avocado for breakfast

LOL!!! I LOVE that (and what’s wrong with talking to sheep?)!!! :smiley:

The Boston Globe is reporting that due to the high cost of avocados, they are being replaced on toast with sweet potatoes!

http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/food-dining/2017/10/02/recipe-where-avocado-toast-once-reigned-now-sweet-potato-toast-rules/VF1Dogn1Cu6qwzTk6V7z0K/story.html

YES!! I was just looking at my 3 left over avocados resentfully because I feel like that’s all I’ve been eating this past week! :grin:

Sweet potatoes!!!

I found the perfect recipe: https://thescene.com/watch/epicurious/choosing-the-perfect-ice-for-your-cocktail

I love Mexican Shrimp Cocktail. It’s like a cold soup full of fresh crunchy vegetables with a big heap of fresh cubed avocado on top as a finishing touch. There are many recipies online. I like a recipe with plenty of lime juice and not too much cilantro. Clamato, not tomato juice.

1 Like