Anyone get unemployment?

It is my understanding that the PUA for California is a flat $167/week as long as you meet the minimum threshold income which is really low, something like 1300(this might be quarterly?). If you are approved for the PUA benefit you will automatically receive the federal benefit of 600/week thru July 26(in California). Both benefits are retroactive from the date you became “unemployed”.

Calif will increase your payout If your income is over 17000. You will need to request to be re-evaluated and show proof of income. I don’t believe this is set up yet but it will be retroactive from initial date of approval

I wasn’t able to get thru to speak to anyone at California EDD for help. This is my best guess

Good luck. Stay Safe.

1 Like

Hello,

I’m in Mass and still waiting as my PUA claim is pending. I saw that you received benefits. Did you file a schedule C or a schedule E?

I’m in Mass and still waiting to find out if I will receive benefits as my PUA claim is pending. I saw that you received benefits. I was just wondering did you file a schedule C or a schedule E?

We did this a few months ago and have been getting PUA payments for some weeks now. We had a hard time figuring it out so we ended up phoning the Massachusetts Unemployment office and they walked us through it. That’s all I remember.

Both. I run a business (Schedule C) and I used to run an Airbnb (Schedule E)

Kind of related question. Besides maybe getting unemployment, can I take the no-penalty IRA distribution under the CARES Act after having a couple of booking cancellations?

1 Like