Anyone else having to reset passwords?

Need to go out and rake leaves or do somthing else physical while I work out some frustration!

Could not log in to my account this morning, got an error message - don’t remember the exact words…

Called Air and they recommended resetting the password, also said that any other trys will probable lock me out of the system for 24 hours. Not cool - have a guest coming tomorrow that I have to communicate with. Reluctantly agreed to reset although I don’t know why that is needed as I have been using the same password for almost 3 years. CS sent me an email with directions on how to do that. Email sends me to the site and tells me I have to log in to see the message!

I know I can figure it out - just click on the link that says “Forgot Password” and do it but it annoys me all the same. I didn’t FORGET, they have a glitch!

Grumble over! Thanks for being a sounding board! Anyone else having this issue?

3 Likes

Not having that issue but it’s a good reminder of why you should always, at the very least, get the guest’s number off the reservation in case of tech problems. Except with foreign guests that’s never failed me.

4 Likes

Oh no, that is disturbing! I haven’t gotten that but I don’t think I’ve ever logged-out. (Geez, that’s sad in its own way, isn’t it?)

1 Like

Yeah - I thought of that too late! Their numbers used to be in the confirmation emails but not any more. Lesson learned!

2 Likes

I, and others, have posted that repeatedly here on the forum since Airbnb became so glitchy in the last two years. And that’s why I often say the same things over and over because you never know who has never seen it or thought of it.

If any consolation maybe it will resolve itself? Or call Airbnb and ask them to have the guest call you?

2 Likes

Do you just write down the info somewhere or do you print it out? I noticed there is a print view. I’m thinking about just using the print-to-pdf option to save paper/ink. Any best option?

1 Like

I just write it on my paper master calendar. And I confess with some of the last minute one nighters I don’t get around to it. But it could still bite me in the behind.

2 Likes

It’s a great reminder. I have been lucky but luck is not really my thing, so…

Thank you!!
And also thank you @Terryathome

1 Like

Password reset, guest phone number noted, almost ready for tomorrow. Miller time!

5 Likes

Just a thought that maybe someone else was able to guess your password and changed it in you…it’s a good reminder that we should change them sometimes…although I rarely heed that advice myself…

Ended up with someone guessing a very early and easy password I had on my Walmart.com account and order something on both linked credit cards…just under some $500 limit and had them shipped to my house! I was able to cancel the first one (an old refurbished iPhone 8 w/64 go) since it shipped direct but the second one (a big sewing machine…and I am not that domestically inclined) was from a third party and they shipped it anyways…

I ended up having to take it to a FedEx store becuase I don’t have a FedEx account so it sat in my car for a while till I got to one…and then even though it said RETURN TO SENDER it got delivered back in my porch…still waiting on the sewing machine company, FedEx, Walmart and Discover Card to figure it out…at least I have a covered porch. Ugh…

I have a spreadsheet that I keep for the yearly reservations. I shae it with my caretaker so he knows the who, when, whats. I am going to add the phone number to it. I guess I will manually until I get snazzy but that is what I am going for until I get a free moment to think of something better.

1 Like

Miller? Oh boy … I’m drinking a can o’ wine tonight with the work day I just had. I can’t judge but I had to smile with your post. :+1:

2 Likes

I would love to see the systems we all use to keep things straightened out - be it an in-house host or a big house remote hosting situation (or my in betweener). I enjoy seeing all the ways we each work to keep things chugging along.

1 Like

We have different colored post it notes, a different color for each of the 3 apartments. I write the name and the door code and then make notes on there about: who else is coming, occasion if known, size of dog, diet preferences, what days they’re staying for and we also have a few codes for certain things, like whether or not they might be return-guest potential (e.g. they told me they come for work every week or their kid just started college down the street). I make the post it note as I put together their check-in info message and stack them in order of next check-in on my laptop. Once they are next up, the post-it goes onto the kitchen counter of the applicable apartment while we prepare it, it helps with everything from the welcome note to stocking snacks and dog supplies And then we can take the note to each door (front, back, apt) and put the codes in.

We have 3 bulldog clips on the wall (one for each apartment/color of sticky note) in my office where they go after check-in. I think I might make a collage some day!

That’s my fancy system :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@JJD: Holy :poop:! Great setup!
But but but … I have a spreadsheet … Haha! 🤦

3 Likes

I’m actually a spreadsheet kind of girl but for this, I had to have something that my husband and I could work together with - I’m able to just hand him the note and off he goes! He doesn’t have to deal with a device or anything . A spreadsheet would just be too much for the two of us to coordinate peacefully. It’s hard to explain :woman_facepalming: Lol.

3 Likes

Same here, but it was this evening, not this morning. Went to log in, then got a message at the top of the screen to “Please choose a valid log-in method” or something to that effect. Same log-in I’ve been using for 3 years. (I do change my password from time to time). Tried again, this time I got the 500 error, falling ice cream girl saying Oops, this site is currently unavailable.
This was on desktop in Chrome browser. Tried in Firefox, was able to log in.
After I logged out, I tried again in Chrome, and it worked okay that time.
I think it’s just another one of their endless glitches. But if you’re having trouble logging in, try a different browser.

2 Likes

That was the error message “Please choose a valis log-in method.” and I was in Chrome. Thanks for the tip on trying another browser - will try that if it happens again.

1 Like

I balked when Airbnb recently informed me that I needed to change my password in order to bypass a lengthy verification process at log-in–then I realized that someone had indeed guessed my original password and was now making repeated attempts to get into my account. Lesson learned: change passwords at least once a year, maybe more frequently. Additionally, I now save a screen shot of each guest’s reservation/contact info as soon as a new reservation is made, just in case I later have further trouble logging in.

1 Like

Iphone calendar right now. I always say that if it doesn’t get on the calendar it won’t happen at all and even if it does, no guarantees…:wink: