Anyone else get a shoebox size package from Airbnb this week?

Oh I didn’t realize you could remove the key tag. In that case will Airbnb Pay $$$$$ when a guest steals it??

Ahh, that explains it. I thought it was a whole year. A 1-year de-listing would prevent you from meeting the 10 trips/100 nights criteria.

My logo?

!

As previously discussed there is no way I’d have my home accomodations business without Airbnb. I really try not to spend too much time disabusing people of their confidence in other platforms or self marketing but there is no way I could replicate what Airbnb does for me. As another forum member said after he was unjustly removed from the platform for 1.5 years:

If an Airbnb guest wants to smash a hole in the wall, give them a hammer.

1 Like

It reminds me of the teachers that would make their “hall pass” some cumbersome monstrosity in order to humiliate students needing to take care of bodily needs.

But no, there are plenty of jokes that could be made about it and I’ll laugh at every single one. Heartily.

The key, key fob and stand are all separate pieces.

Two people have messaged me that they heard credible accounts that the skeleton key actually works in the Airbnb guest room doors. If that were the case here I’d be a lot more impressed.

1 Like

Great logo!

PM me if you want some sublimation mugs to put the logo on. I think they are these ones:

Well I’d have to look at the dates, but I think basically, my 2018 Superhost award arrived just before my mid-August delisting.

1 Like

Seriously?? I suppose you’ve tried…? That would bring a whole new meaning to their slogan “Stay anywhere” !

I was a bit huffy and puffy earlier in the thread but serious congratulations to you. It’s no mean feat. And it’s not just about providing a clean and comfortable place - I remember that story of you helping out that Chinese (?) girl who had been injured when robbed. That’s what makes a real superhost, to me.

1 Like

In all seriousness I have almost all the dog business I want right now. I have opened my Rover account to new clients for the first time in months. About this time last year I picked up two very good new clients and I think I ready for another one or two. Like Airbnb, I don’t mind paying Rover to find me a client.

2 Likes

I joined Rover in June and shoulda ax’d you for your referral code, dang! Got a super dogsitter for a quick trip to Fla. and a different one, upcoming for my trip to the wedding of a former guest in Italy next month.

I’m glad Rover is working out well for you. It is an inspired idea.

If I were you I would put K9Casa mugs in the Airbnb room, just for the heck of it. Even if you have enuf biz for now.

Yeah, but I don’t think it’s worth a lot. You could probably get the same deal searching the internet. I’m glad you found a good sitter.

I have my business cards in there. K9KarmaCasa on one side with phone number, address, etc. and the other side says “We board humans too” and my Airbnb listing url. So anyone can take one and use it to contact me directly later, etc.

So far I’ve only turned two Airbnb guests into dog boarding clients and one dog client into an airbnb guest. But it’s something.

2 Likes

Ah, when I first saw the pic I didn’t even see the key! Lol

1 Like

I’ll take even the half amount ($10) that hosts get when pet owners use my code for booking with someone else. I have only gotten one since DogVacay forced me to Rover…my brother used it to board his puppy. I have boarded her twice and I was VERY VERY glad not to have her that other time. Amazing how siblings only a couple years apart can be such polar opposites for just about everything…:thinking::crazy_face:

2 Likes

Thanks to the excellent suggestion of @MtnGal I framed this and put it up on a wall so it’s not taking space and can be more easily cleaned. I’m much happier with it now.

7 Likes

I love it! Great shadowbox, that frame couldn’t be more perfect.

2 Likes

Michael’s online…about $10 with the current promo. I got a total of 6 frames as I also ordered some new photos for the Airbnb room. I will probably replace that beige fabric background with a different color.

1 Like

Dusty
Great job! What a beautiful display to show just how successful you are in your business
Congratulations!

1 Like

@KKC I REALLY think you have mastered this Air thing with your unique model of a “1-room motel” as well as mad cleaning skilz. It’s as close to failsafe as anything I’ve ever heard of.

1 Like

I think more hosts could do the same if they could figure out a niche, as @Allison_H posted earlier today.

For sure. I do GREAT with my niche(s) * and then can’t quite figure out how to NOT to have others stay who generally do not work out

1. Johns Hopkins Medical 2. playwrights, composers & musicians 3. adventure travelers/foreign journalists & academics