Anyone else get a shoebox size package from Airbnb this week?

I got a “gift” and am wondering if anyone else here got the same. Message me if so.

1 Like

Lucky you! Not so much here. Still trying to get them to make good on my House Rules…

I don’t want to say more on the public part of the forum. Just curious is all.

I read about hosts getting gifts from Airbnb before (notebooks, coffee mugs, games), but I never saw any specific reason for it.

1 Like

Nope. Haven’t even gotten the current issue of the Airbnb magazine, and they sent me an email wanting me to take a survey about it!

2 Likes

I wish they wouldn’t send me one for each of my listings…especially since 3 of the listings are at the same address but just two different rooms and a listing that includes both. They generally go straight to the burn box. I do Lito r in the private room in my house though after I skim through it.

1 Like

This purported has a specific reason.

@KKC I just got a notification that I received a package (we have a box at a UPS store)! We are not expecting any packages and don’t ever get surprises so now am wondering if I got something.

I respect that you are being subtle on the public forum but can you tell me : If I got what you got, is it worth driving across town for or should I just wait until I’m going that way?

I don’t think it’s worth the drive, but you might be thrilled. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right?

2 Likes

I am totally hoping it’s a Brian Chesky bobblehead.

5 Likes

At least that would be amusing.

3 Likes

The only thing I ever got was an airbnb magazine😑

2 Likes

Received a pair of socks once.

3 Likes

I got a free smoke and carbon monoxide detector when I wrote to ask for help getting smoke detectors to appear on my listing. I would check that we had smoke and carbon monoxide detectors but when I would review my listing the next day, only the carbon monoxide detector showed. After three unsuccessful tries, I wrote for help. They quickly fixed my listing but also sent me the combo detector (which I actually didn’t need!). I am very curious as to what was in the package though…

1 Like

I am super curious now. Dammit!

1 Like

I’ve been a host since September 2012. I can count on one hand the number of times that I’ve called CS in all that time. I have never cancelled on anyone apart from one time that a guest’s son was hospitalised and I found alternative accommodation for incoming guests so kind of doesn’t count. It took me a while to get to superhost but I did it in the end and have had it for the past couple of years.

I was thinking that it must be coming up to my 1000th guest soon and maybe I’d buy a bottle of bubbly to celebrate. So I counted up and I missed it! Currently hosting my 1038’th guest. In a room in my own home, by the way. I don’t have multiple properties.

Anyway, the point is… I’ve had NOTHING from airbnb EVER. Not even a crappy keyring. Even when I took in stranded guests who had been cancelled on. Not even a thank you.

So you all enjoy your gifts! Unless I get a crate of top quality Caribbean rum from them, they can kiss my skinny arse :angry:

11 Likes

Me too. But I’ve had the money and that’s the main thing :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh yes, absolutely! I don’t really want anything other than that. The rum would be nice, though… :smile:

5 Likes

I got a white framed ink sketch of one of my rooms done from the photo in my listing. I thought it was a very nice gesture by Airbnb. That was 2-3 years ago.

2 Likes

They must be feeling some pressure (competition, host departures, etc) because, while I didn’t get a package (I don’t have the 500+ stays that @KKC has), I did receive an email last week thanking me for being part of AirBnb Plus

1 Like