Another soiled mattress - guest check out without informing me

I second this. I started when people wanted to bring toddlers. I don’t allow kids anymore but the protectors remain. Liquid spills are a problem as well as wet towels.

A urine soaked mattress would be a disaster, not only with replacing the mattress, but having back to back bookings as well.

2 Likes

One advantage to renting a room in your home…I can take my queen mattress and put it in the Airbnb room in an emergency.

The other thing is to put a cover or even an old blanket between the water proof cover and bottom sheet. Otherwise the bed can feel very sweaty and the guest will complain or remove the waterproof cover. I know I do.

We use this brand , too, on all 7 beds: mattress and box springs. Excellent protection, wise investment, no noise whatsoever, and complete encasement - so that in the dreaded offhand chance a bedbug jumps out of a suitcase, it cannot make its home in our mattresses.

1 Like

That’s great that he admitted it. Time to file a claim on the resolution center and request reimbursement for the mattress. I also have nice waterproof mattress protector who don’t make noise. You can get them on Amazon.

1 Like