Another glitch in the system is substracting the stars I earned

It does?

If any programmer was insanely stupid enough to make such a mad and completely unnecessary assumption, he or she should be instantly fired, and should never work as a programmer again.

Sorry, the very idea of this makes my blood boil.

Ellen. Do you have a ticket number? If not, could you ask for it? I would like to mention in my current ticket that someone else have reported the same problem. Maybe we get the attention we need if they know that there many users having this problem.

I can assure that the team that started with AirBNB has long since moved on. Chances are lots of the code was outsourced actually. You probably know where Silicon Valley sends that kind of work!

Heh. India. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They have ticket numbers? Where are they hiding? I never seen any mentioned in my emails from Airbnb.

Yes, they have ticket numbers but they arenā€™t being delivered to you by default. You need to ask for them.

and the Ukraine lately.

Ah! Thanks for the tip. They are also not publicly viewable.

There was a time when you were able to see the history of your ticket in their zendesk account.
I donā€™t remember quite well but the URL was airbnb.zendesk.com, you log in with your Airbnb credentials and there you have all your tickets, the status of them and the history of the conversation with CS. Today you canā€™t see them that but there are tickets numbers still handled internally. I sometimes ask for the because if you need to refer to problem you months before it is more easy to use a ticket number.

I havenā€™t read every post on here but this has been happening to me since February this year. I contacted Airbnb about it but it was pointless. They didnā€™t understand what I was talking about and gave me some spiel about how ratings can be affected by people closing their accounts. Complete nonsense, of course. I gave up with it and no longer bother with checking the star ratings.

That is very interesting. I just checked and it started with review 200 on one of my rooms on 16th Feb this year. Then on my other room at review 195 in April, although to be honest I got so fed up I didnā€™t keep such a good record on that room. After those dates everything has been random. Numbers up and down, nothing correlates at all. Numbers stay the same but message says ā€˜Your last 3 ratings were 5*ā€™, some categories increase in numbers, others go down. Itā€™s a mess.

Magwitch,

Sounds like you guys should get together and make a joint complaint. Maybe write a blog entry. Then link to it somewhere public, like the Airbnb Facebook page.

Yes, my experience with the Airbnb CS people is that they are complete morons. Or doing an uncommonly successful impression of it. Itā€™s interesting that things you think would be important in running a successful company, like basic competence, donā€™t matter as much as you would think. Just another Life Lesson.

Yes, but how could we be sure that this is just how the data is being shown to us and not also how ratings are calculated internally in each of the categories? It is something to be worried. If you lose stars, you are losing rating and if you currently have 5 stars (pick any category) you will end up having 4.5 and it is a big difference when it counts to get new reservations, not to mention that if you have a 4 stars rating you could be out if business in Airbnb. Reputation is ALL in Airbnb. If they mess up with our reputation we canā€™t feel safe about the system.

Thatā€™s exactly what I said at the time to the rep. But they donā€™t understand anything. They barely know how the system works most of the time and are never kept appraised of any technical changes so you canā€™t be mad at them. It must be a shitty job, dealing with stupid complaints from hosts who ring them up at the drop of a hat because they are incapable of dealing with guests in their own rental business and expect to be nannied through everything.

I donā€™t care about being a superhost, I really donā€™t. But it does concern me that my consistent 78% 5* overall experience over the past years has dropped in the last six months to 75%. Of course, that could be because Iā€™m not doing such a good job (always possible!) but itā€™s hard to tell where and how things are dropping when the numbers are so out of whack.

If it is shitty job they can resign to it. I have talked with a few ones that didnā€™t know we have a page dedicated to get our stats and metrics but the system shouldnā€™t be very complex for someone that deals with the same complains all the time. I rather prefer someone that it is rude but technically capable of giving you a solution than someone nice and friendly without any knowdledge on how to assist you.

Florbone,

Thanks for letting me know that they have ticket numbers. I had no idea as Iā€™ve never gotten one in the emails they send me. I assume that they are closed or at least short staffed tomorrow so Iā€™ll ask for the ticket number on Tuesday.

Iā€™m sure you are doing a fine job, @Magwitch.

1 Like

Youā€™re so nice to say that faheem, thank you :slight_smile: Iā€™m having a short break after an extremely busy season so hope to have my batteries charged a little. Not been v active on here but read some of your posts and hope you get some better guests soon.

2 Likes

Hi florbone,

I spoke with an Airbnb customer service representative, Fabio, this morning. My ticket number is 11455840. I told him that Iā€™ve been corresponding with other hosts who have this problem and that it begins at the 200 review mark. He apologized profusely for the many times Iā€™ve had to call and the lack of follow up. He said that heā€™s sending my problem to a special team and that he had to get authorization from his supervisor to involve this team. I told him that it would be great if in fact my problem was resolved, but Iā€™m not hopeful considering my experience so far.

1 Like

Thanks Ellen! I will supply your ticket number to the guy is assisting me so they can link it with mine and get a sense that we are not crazy hosts that donĀ“t know how to do maths. I might have talked with more than 10 peopleo of CS so I donĀ“t have higher expectations of a fast solution.