Animal Fearing Guests

I also only ordered the wall unit because with sale prices they were cheaper than any other options for comparable product. That stuff was also not perfect but I wasn’t about to ship it back. It looks good all set up.

8 Likes

Ooooo, love this and would sure love a gander at your library!

1 Like

Give me a couple of author names and let’s see if we have some tastes in common.

Wow, that’s a hundred times better than my cheapo Ikea bookshelves! :heartbeat:

1 Like

We do. I see one on the upper right called BEERS. :rofl::rofl::beer::beer::beer::beers:

1 Like

For the money Ikea has some nice looking stuff. But I didn’t want to assemble anything. These pieces, though expensive, assembly and setting up in the house was included.

1 Like

2 Likes

Yes yes yes, Shakespeare, Joyce, Plath

2 Likes

In Europe, IKEA also provides a paid assembly service. In Porto it wasn’t even that expensive and it saved us lots of hours of sweat.

1 Like

They do here in the US as well. But the closest IKEA is a 6.5 hour drive one way.

2 Likes

It was one of the best possible days in Florida news when it was announced that a branch of Ikea was opening just a few miles away from here.

Being originally from the UK, I was accustomed to going to Ikea for most things.

Before Ikea opened here, the alternative was buying from them online and the delivery charges were ridiculous. It was cheaper to rent a U-Haul and drive to the nearest branch which (in the early 90s) was New York!

3 Likes

IKEA has yet to grace our shores and I can’t tell you the amount of times I’ve craved a LACK side table or a BILLY bookcase. Staple furniture items in the UK!

We have to make do with overpriced copycats and import companies with ridiculous mark ups

2 Likes

Yes, I also miss my IKEA here in Peru. However one does find IKEA products in some smaller stores, at literally 5 times the normal price. Peruvians don’t know it’s ‘just’ IKEA and they think it’s high end design. And some of the copycats do sell at almost comparable prices, but in those cases it’s 10% of the quality.

I once bought 6 reusable plastic cups in a supermarket here, price +/- US$ 5,00. A month later in IKEA Belgium I found the exact same cups for € 0,99. Three weeks ago we travelled here with 3 large suitcases filled with IKEA stuff.

2 Likes

LOL! I did a special check on bag stuffed with IKEA when I came from California.

1 Like

Oh-mi-Gawd…this thread evolved from “Animal Fearing Guests” to IKEA! I love it!

I’ve never been in or even SEEN an IKEA store. I finally ordered a catalog…just because…and arrgghh!

I am sooo deprived!!

3 Likes

They do, and I’ve found it helpful. I’ve had a previous issue mentioned when asking about something and the comment passed that “you only call with good reason”. So those who call and deemed to be without good reason, are probably flagged negatively.

Your dog is lovely, adorable and cant cause an allergy as its a poodle mix. Sending love and dont give any refunds to guests who dont like Coco.

We have one in Charlotte. Come in over—I’ll give you a tour! :grinning:

2 Likes

Back to the original post which I read before the Ikea comments. Its always amazing to me when someone is terrified of a dog, but they must have their reasons. I will be mentioning our dog who is a brown doberman and the neighbors dogs who bark in the listing several times. In fact, if the guests want to come visit us, they will have to brave opening the gate which Bella will be attending!! Not asking for dog lovers or dog owners, just people that realize most dogs are friendly but not necessarily quiet.

YA I have a trip in my future just to see what Ikea has<><

@gypsy - “Its always amazing to me when someone is terrified of a dog…”

(You’re kidding, right?)