Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Animal Fearing Guests

It can be unnerving what they see. I remember the first time I called in to one of my credit card companies and they said “first, we’d like to thank you for being an account holder since 1989.” Now I kind of expect special treatment when I call to customer service of any company. LOL.

I know what you mean. My bank, credit card company, broker…amazing lightening-fast bend-over-backward service.

Department stores, not so much. … :laughing:

OMG!

I rarely shop at department stores or use their credit cards. But last year I bought my modular bookcase set for my living area on Pottery Barn. They had a significant (worth $900+) offer if I bought it with their credit card so I did. Then in Oct I ordered a recliner intending to pay for about half of it with the coupon I got from the prior purchase and I get another $200 coupon. I won’t bore you with details but between the two orders I’ve spent hours on the phone or emailing about these orders. I hope to have my recliner in May. Once I get that and use my remaining credits (not ordering furniture) I am closing that account and vowing to never buy furniture from them again.

What!? Two more months before you get your recliner?!!
Wow, that’s quick…took me three months.

And, that didn’t end the saga.
Wait until you discover the flaw, or whatever. … :persevere:

I left that part of the story out. The recliner arrived, two weeks later than the expected date, but was damaged. So they shipped it back and ordered another one. No notification to me at any point in the process. It was only by going online and checking did I discover something amiss and start calling. So five or six calls later I get shipping refunded and my $900 credit applied and my new bonus certificates mailed. The 2nd recliner will cost me only $660 and I have another $200 in credits so really $460. It’s a nice recliner for that price. Good thing I wasn’t in a hurry. I’d like to put the $200 towards more furniture but it’s such a PITA to get furniture from them. There’s no PB store in my town so that doesn’t help. Maybe I’ll just get some new overpriced linens.

I also only ordered the wall unit because with sale prices they were cheaper than any other options for comparable product. That stuff was also not perfect but I wasn’t about to ship it back. It looks good all set up.

Ooooo, love this and would sure love a gander at your library!

Give me a couple of author names and let’s see if we have some tastes in common.

Wow, that’s a hundred times better than my cheapo Ikea bookshelves! :heartbeat:

We do. I see one on the upper right called BEERS. :rofl::rofl::beer::beer::beer::beers:

For the money Ikea has some nice looking stuff. But I didn’t want to assemble anything. These pieces, though expensive, assembly and setting up in the house was included.

Yes yes yes, Shakespeare, Joyce, Plath

In Europe, IKEA also provides a paid assembly service. In Porto it wasn’t even that expensive and it saved us lots of hours of sweat.

They do here in the US as well. But the closest IKEA is a 6.5 hour drive one way.

I always wanted to go to an IKEA. Only because I heard about it on this forum. I have to drive at least 40 minutes one way to any Walmart…always depends if the driver in front is a tourist or slow driver - one way in, one way out. I think there is an IKEA in Atlanta. It sounds really cool from posts like being adults in a candy store…lol

It was one of the best possible days in Florida news when it was announced that a branch of Ikea was opening just a few miles away from here.

Being originally from the UK, I was accustomed to going to Ikea for most things.

Before Ikea opened here, the alternative was buying from them online and the delivery charges were ridiculous. It was cheaper to rent a U-Haul and drive to the nearest branch which (in the early 90s) was New York!

IKEA has yet to grace our shores and I can’t tell you the amount of times I’ve craved a LACK side table or a BILLY bookcase. Staple furniture items in the UK!

We have to make do with overpriced copycats and import companies with ridiculous mark ups

Yes, I also miss my IKEA here in Peru. However one does find IKEA products in some smaller stores, at literally 5 times the normal price. Peruvians don’t know it’s ‘just’ IKEA and they think it’s high end design. And some of the copycats do sell at almost comparable prices, but in those cases it’s 10% of the quality.

I once bought 6 reusable plastic cups in a supermarket here, price +/- US$ 5,00. A month later in IKEA Belgium I found the exact same cups for € 0,99. Three weeks ago we travelled here with 3 large suitcases filled with IKEA stuff.

LOL! I did a special check on bag stuffed with IKEA when I came from California.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!