Am I Justified in Being Very Annoyed?

Thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

I know this to be true. Iā€™ve spent a lot of time in Mexico. Sometimes guests put poopy paper in the trash can and they arenā€™t only from Mexico but other countries too. I donā€™t think anything of it. Did I miss something? I feel like I missed a poopy paper conversation :woman_shrugging:

:rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Sounds like these hosts are better suited to not a hotel or not a gym or not a hospital or not a restaurant or not an airbnb :wink:

2 Likes

The students, what did you tell the students??? OhEmGeee.

2 Likes

Americans and Canadians having to use a specific waste bin for soiled toilet paper is far more common than is being suggested.

Many large European cities have very old, and at times narrow, sewage pipes connecting buildings to the main sewers. Some pipes are actually older than the United States and Canada.

Examples are Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Budapest, Prague, places where Americans and Canadians regularly travel. Even parts of my own city, Jerez, have the old pipes and folks have to use, as I call it, ā€œthe shit binā€.

That said, many toilets in these cities also have a bidet, something I understand is not so common in the United States, or Canada :wink:

JF

1 Like

Not me.
ā€¦

Then it was someone impersonating you.
It was 4 days agoā€¦" trust and safety believed lying guestā€¦"

I love the ā€œbum gunsā€
Took a bit of getting use to though :joy:

1 Like

I hate the idea of not washing the duvet with every turn. But it has happened that I was in a pinch after a short termer.

My solution? sprinkle a little ammonia on the duvet to get the man smell out, and then throw it in the dryer for 30 mins. Kills everything. An added touch is to hang it on the line outside for freshness.

Have spare duvets on hand. I have 5 duvet covers for one room.

As off putting as I find your post Iā€™m sure youā€™re doing more than many hosts.

1 Like

Some toilets in Europe require the paper to be placed in the basket. I have experienced that to my surprise.
The world is full of interesting loos, dunnies, water closets, squat toilets etc etc.
itā€™s quite a learning curve in some cases!
Thereā€™s probably a picture book somewhere on this topic!!

2 Likes

Amazon has both books and calendars. Iā€™m tempted to get a calendar one for my Airbnb room just for laughs.

1 Like

Mmmmm! Iā€™m tempted too!

1 Like

Either you have an industrial sized washer/dryer orā€¦? All the items you have listed below take me 3-4 loads, easily, especially when you include towels and bathmats

1 Like

I do 2 loads virtually every time. But I also rotate a bit to shift loads. Like some guests donā€™t use the bath towel or only one. Example: single guest uses no towel so I wash sheets, and blanket in one load. Duvet cover, shams and 1 towel from a prior stay in one load. If I did everything from a 2 person stay and they both used towels it would be 3 loads.

I do the same. I have to laugh at myself sometimes - piecing together the most logical and economical loads - youā€™d think I was trying to solve the Rubicā€™s cube!

I think I need less fluffy bathmats, I have to have two in the bathroom (one for tub and one for the standalone shower). Maybe I should switch to the hotel style thick towel type? Suggestions? Also I need to rethink my mattress pads, as they too are super bulky to wash/dry.

Donā€™t get me started on the bathrobes. Theres another load right there :grimacing::roll_eyes:

I use those towel type bathmats, they arenā€™t that much larger than a hand towel. But when it really cold I sometimes put out a microfiber fluffier one. But because itā€™s so warm here I can put it aside and wash it later, sometimes I take it outside and spray, hose down and hang outside until dry. Not an option in cold climates.

I donā€™t do the mattress pad after every guest unless the sheet was damp/wet/stained. But I also have a spare mattress pad so that doesnā€™t have to be washed. Keeping in mind I only have one queen bed.

1 Like

Exactly the same for us.

1 Like

Weā€™ve found cotton bathmats that we love. They wash easily. They can be dried, too, but we dry them on the cover of our pool (a little bit of heat escapes). I bet they could also be dried on a line.

Theyā€™re not cheap, but theyā€™re substantial (so they donā€™t slide around on the floor), and they last years. Do you want a link to them?

1 Like

Maybe read my entire post instead of just quoting one bit? I said:

If I have a single guest that doesnā€™t shower, then sheets, blanket, and hand towels easily fit in one load.