Am I Justified in Being Very Annoyed?

fyi “those towel type batmats” are called ‘foot towels’. if you are shopping online, those keywords will help you find it easier. i didn’t know what they were called until recently. really hard to find things if we don’t know how they’re named. i kept calling it a bath mat and coming up with those suction cup anti-slip mildew incubators :joy:

3 Likes

You should see my happy dance when I have a one-night reservation, open the shower door, and see that it hasn’t been used!

4 Likes

I read your entire post. Since I have only one room with one bed I was replying to that portion of your post, as it applies to my own experience. Even with a one nighter that doesn’t use shower/bath mats/towels I’m still looking at two loads in a standard sized washer, with everything that I wash after a stay.

Having said that I’m looking to tighten up my laundry routine and have less loads! :laughing:

Right there with you! Less towels…
I’d rather clean toilets than the shower, cleaning the glass and extracting other people’s hair is my least favorite job. YUK.

Thanks @RebeccaF! I think I will go with something that I can put in the dryer, and inexpensive enough so I can buy several of them. I think air drying would not work for me as I have a lot of back to back one-night flips (no prep. day). I have a lot of longer stay guests as well, and will continue to use the nicer “fluffy” ones for them.

I found an old thread from early 2018 where @KKC posted a couple of links to lighter weight cotton towel-like “Foot Towels” (thanks Lone Star):

So right now I’m deciding between the IKEA mats or the Utopia brand on Amazon.

I still like my IKEA ones but they don’t have that particular design any longer. But they have other terry ones and they now offer much expanded online shopping.

I noticed that the link no longer went to a specific product, but I like the terry ones with the stripe pattern, and they are cheap, so thanks for the IKEA tip!

1 Like

I would, please and thanx!

If you are talking about the VINNFAR then I have a pair of those that I use in rotation. I like that they launder in the washing machine well and then I just drape them over a railing overnight and they are good to go the next day. I have several pairs to rotate though so don’t need to worry about how long they take to dry. Although I have also put them in the dryer once or twice with no issues as well.

1 Like

We use Grund America white bath mats, 24x40-inch size. They last years. We have bought them directly from Grund, but I can’t get their website to work. Here they are from Amazon:

1 Like

Thanx. I assume they are cheaper to buy direct? Either way even if they were lime a quarter the price and I might decide to go with it they are too big for one of the houses. I suppose they could be doubled up but guests are likely to prefer they be the right size to fit

They come in other sizes on Amazon (and elsewhere). They’re great.

I got the Grund website to open. The smallest size starts at $19.99. https://livegrund.com/collections/gots-certified-organic-cotton-yarn-bath-rugs/products/charleston-bath-rug-collection?variant=24547001139264

1 Like

Nice. Thanx! 2020202020

1 Like

Also thanks. I’m tired of cutting off the loose strings on the edges of my bathmats that seem to start disintegrating within a year.

2 Likes

I have that same happy dance. One guest never used the bed at all - snoopy had nothing on me that day.

2 Likes

With Muddy and Yana on this .The laundry routines described by some posters are environmental vandalism . We have a lot more to fear from the destruction of our habitat than from cooties Medical opinion (my day job)

5 Likes