AirReview no longer working with new profile set-up

This is such a shame. I’ve found AirReview so useful but since airbnb changed the profile page layout it doesn’t work any more.
Does anyone know of a work-around? Or if the developer will update things? I’d actually be willing to pay for it.

3 Likes

Click on the icon and there will be an email to send them a note about it not working for you. It is working in my area so it may be a local problem. (It wasn’t working a few weeks ago.)

Thanks. I did email them. I saw that people were saying it wasn’t working a few weeks ago but it was fine for me. So you’re saying that it has continued working for you after the air profile layout change?

I just checked and it is still working for me. I did notice though that it may not work well to retrieve reviews more than a year or two back. I had a guest whose last stay was in 2016 and it just kept spinning and spinning LOL

I use Chrome (on Apple) and use the www.airbnb.com website. With other browsers or through other AirBnB websites (country or language) it does not work.

I use Chrome and AirReview has always worked for me, even though it does take a long time to load sometimes.

Nobody has mentioned the new airbnb profile layout. Am I the only one seeing it??

Still our same profile. What has changed?

Strangely, I occasionally log in to Airbnb at work and starting last week everything changed. There was some side note about “the new layout” and it was beta. But, I only see it at work and I’m pretty sure it’s because the Airbnb website thinks I’m logged-in from a different city and state (i.e. where the corporate gateway to the internet is located).

I haven’t noticed anything, but probably that’s just me not seeing the difference.

I just checked again and have come to a NEW conclusion:

AirReview only works for confirmed guests (past, current, future).
AirReview does NOT work anymore for guest sending enquiries or needing pre–aproval.

I checked +10 guests and +10 non-guests (canceled, expired, declined, not-possible,…) and in my books the above is true in all cases.

Can others have a look to confirm this?

2 Likes

Confirmed. Not working on enquiries or past cancellations.

JF

3 Likes

It looks like this (on pc, using Chrome). Huge font for the name and lots of empty white space.

Did you check if AirReview is working for past guests?

Yes. All profiles look the same and AirReview doesn’t appear at all.
I sent an email to the developer, no reply as yet.

I talked to Brian the AirReview Developer by email last week. I had complimented him on how fast he does the fixes each time Airbnb changes something. It’s his side project - he is an Airbnb host with a fulltime job - and says he finds keeping up with the changes challenging. No doubt!
Anyway, since he is a host himself, he sees what happens, and so is usually on top of any change. Give it a little time, I would say.
I do love that extension!

4 Likes

@lawre That’s good to hear! My email to him was very polite and complimentary, btw, not complaining in any way at all. I hope you told him he is an Air Hero for all his work!!

Air Hero is a good way to put it! I expect it is helpful for him to hear details of what is not working - device, browser, where in the world, etc. - so your email would be most welcome.

1 Like

Next time you chat, maybe suggest he makes it a paid extension. Unless you’re a really cheap so and so, its well worth a few quid.

JF

@JohnF, I made a donation when I first got the app and I also suggested to him that he charges a fee. I’d be willing to pay it. But maybe charging would take him into a business stratosphere that he doesn’t want or have any interest in.

1 Like

Yup, this fits my recent experience. Since the policy of no guest photo until a confirmed booking, I’ve not been able to access AirReview on my chrome book until confirmation.

1 Like

My experience also. I replied to the support response I got about it so maybe they will figure it out soon.