Airlines will no longer be required to transport emotional support animals

FYI:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/trafficandcommuting/emotional-support-animals/2020/12/02/9de866f6-34b9-11eb-a997-1f4c53d2a747_story.html

1 Like

This is Good news. I am a bit concerned about limiting service animals to dogs only but probably 80% are dogs.

It is not uncommon for a monkey or a mini-horse to be a service animal but I’m guessing there will be review and approval protocols for outliers. A mini-horse would be difficult or maybe impossible to accommodate on a plane.

I saw an article where a woman was claiming her cat was a service animal. I guess the cat worked when it felt like it and if it felt it’s human was worthy…

7 Likes

I’ll accept emotional support animals in our listing when the powers that be accept my emotional support skunk.

6 Likes

I think I’ve mentioned here before that I want an emotional support Porsche…

10 Likes

See another post for my emotional support bar cart reference :wink:

4 Likes

I’m sure lawsuits will follow but I’m glad they are cracking down on the jerks that have been abusing this situation for so long.

2 Likes

…and I think I’ve asked you before, is that for the front or back door?

JF

3 Likes

I’d like an emotional support million dollars. Ten million would be even better. I’d buy it a cute collar.

6 Likes

Whatt!!! You mean my 85 lb doberman can’t get on the plane and cram under the seat in front of me for five hours so he can see Disneyland???

Sadly dogs that are the size of our 2 are not even allowed in crates in the luggage compartments of most airlines these days… and so many were rescued during 2020… all the better for dog boarding enterprises<><>

Aren’t ALL dogs emotional support animals??? I know mine are. As I am theirs///

3 Likes

My friend’s meme for that:
emotionalsupportcat_ianalexander

5 Likes

Not impossible

2 Likes

That’s what I’ve always said, as well. All pet owners have an emotional relationship with their pets. Claiming Fido is an emotional support animal just so you can be entitled to bring him with you everywhere is absurd.
Larger dogs have always had to be in a kennel in cargo. But somehow small dog owners seem to think of their dogs as their “babies” who would be forever traumatized by this for a few hours.

2 Likes