Airbnb's guides: do you have them? what to put in them?

So, I just saw this and I’m seriously thinking about adding a guide “how to score a 5*guest review”, in which I would explain how guests should leave my house in order to get that.

Leaving the stove top and oven greasy and pots and plates strewn all over the kitchen won’t do it.

Got pissed off last night after some first timers left the house in disarray. Except for the kitchen, the furniture and things were moved everywhere in the house.

1 Like

What do you say at the moment in your guest book in terms of your expectations around how you want your place left @adrienne12? I do include do’s and don’ts in my guest book.

I share my listings so don’t tend to have guests who leave the place in a mess.

Unfortunately some guests need it spelling out clearly that they should clear up after themselves, lock doors, turn off lights etc.

1 Like

Somehow I don’t see guests reading that, they don’t care. They probably didn’t read anything much about your listing in the first place. But it can’t make it worse.

1 Like

If you have instant booking, then only allow guests with good reviews to book. It’s a way to avoid first timers.

As for your guests that left a mess, make sure to give them a review they deserve. You can also privately send them comments when you review them. This might be a teachable moment for them.

1 Like

About 70% of my guests are first timers. Why on earth would I want to turn down that proportion of my business @Ritz3?

2 Likes

If I did that, I would be anxiously awaiting a guest to leave me a 3-star review and a patronizing guide of their own telling me how I could have received a 5-star review from them.

1 Like

i did. I simply listed how they left the house. I always do this. I want first timers of curse but I think it is not my role to educate them.

1 Like

Like @Helsi most of my guests are Airbnb first timers. It has taken a while but I’ve crafted standard communication text I can use in the Airbnb platform that probably OVER provides information for seasoned Airbnbers and clearly explain expectations. I tend to hand-hold. I guess I think it will make my job easier and maybe make it easier on the next host.

There are always those who don’t read so it doesn’t matter how much I try to help them. That’s Airbnb newbies! But they do pay me.

1 Like