Airbnb says it will try to ban Capitol rioters from inauguration stays

Was this done for the riots that went on for 7 months in Oregon and MN?? Just wondering why all this fuss now. Not saying it wasn’t bad but it lasted for a few hours compared to months on end. There were many federal buildings involved in those riots as well.

1 Like

I could be wrong but I don’t think it will be much. Will probably be similar to his rallies.

I don’t agree with this at all. The “rioters” were very few in number. Most were peaceful. They’ve already arrested on Antifa member who was part of the rioting so it wasn’t all Trump supporters. I think it’s an american right to attend an inauguration of your president if you so choose. Why are they doing this now when they supported all the previous rioters? Sorry if that offends you but it’s true. Even to the point of reimbursing hosts?? Wow, if that isn’t a political statement, I don’t know what is. I do well on airbnb, have for 9 years and have never had a problem with them but if all this turns out to be true, I’ll be looking for a platform that doesn’t push their own political agenda. Hosting guests should NOT be political.

1 Like

It’s true. They also vocally supported Black Lives Matter during the summer protests.

I’m not going to address the rest of your posts since it would be like teaching a pig to sing. But if you want a new platform that doesn’t promote causes you find objectionable you better get started because there is going to be a big travel boom coming.

5 Likes

Truest thing you’ve ever posted.

2 Likes

Really? An insurrection, 5 deaths, and coordinated mayhem? The dotard in chief was just impeached because he incited this. It’s been all over the news.

I am actually glad folks like this ‘come out of hiding’. We can all see them - they are your neighbors, your local banker, realtor, they are living around you, with hate in their hearts and a blindness to the con they were fed.

3 Likes

She knows, she’s trolling us. Probably has some WY neighbors that the FBI will be coming to talk to based on the maps I’m seeing of the scraped Parler data.

1 Like

Time will tell and for the record, I’m not a pig and I already know how to sing lol! This is so typical. Fit the narrative stupid or shut up. As for finding a new platform, I don’t even need one. It’s the easiest for me to use airbnb but I have a house right outside of Yellowstone Park and can pretty much name my price, regardless of the platform I use.

This is my last post as I have better things to do than listen to CNN talking points. I’m not coming out of hiding. I have no need to hide as there are 70 million of us who see the ridiculousness of this situation. I feel very very safe. I see this forum is for one viewpoint only which is really so boring. If I want to here what you think all I have to do is turn on the mainstream media. Here is an idea, have an original thought once in a while and don’t believe everything you hear or read.

Blanco Privilege

It is true; unlike you, Airbnb will be seen to have been on the right side of history. Now you can find a new platform. Maybe KKKbnb.

Please close the door on the way out.

3 Likes

You’ve no doubt given Airbnb thousands of dollars in fees to support their liberal causes. Keep in mind between the fees you pay and the ones the guest pays that’s about 15%. You should have left them long ago since you don’t need them.

They also pledged not go give any political donations to the members of Congress who voted to overturn the election.

5 Likes

You mean a bunch of maskless COVID superspreaders? That alone is good enough reason to keep them away from the inauguration, never mind their stated intentions to assassinate whichever officials they happen to be upset with.

2 Likes

That’s a bit scary. We know that no human will actually review the reservations. They’re going to use some AI and there’s no way they will have had the time to thoroughly test it before deploying it.

LOL, Airbnb rarely bans guests for criminal activity in Airbnb listings.

Sorry, but I think this is just another load of BS to get press coverage.

[Edit: I just realized that the forum quotes show these are from @NordlingHouse when they were quoted from an external source in that post, so apologies for that.]

1 Like

Good for you 20202020

Oh golly. That is a two way street

I don’t believe everything I read or see. Critical thinking is important

Bet your booking rate would plummet if guests knew they were giving their money to a white supremacist.

2 Likes

I think guests who really care about these things can study listings and find compatible hosts. I certainly try and as a host I also make it clear where my sympathies lie. Clearly many Americans don’t care. If they did we wouldn’t be in this situation.

2 Likes

And previous versions from indignant posters of “I’m leaving.” And “I no longer want to be a member of this forum.” And “I don’t need the Airbnb platform.”
Well, goodness, who’s stopping you?

5 Likes

This isn’t the first time she’s said she was going to stop posting here because other members dared to push back on her statements. Don’t get your hopes up.