Airbnb’s promise of financial help

Bartender! Another shot of bourbon! :cry:

1 Like

Me too! You shouldn’t drink alone.

:tumbler_glass: :tumbler_glass:

You’ll have to keep us updated :smile:

1 Like

I can give you an approximation. It’s between 40K and 80K (6% to 12%), but in the context of the Superhost relief fund, probably a lot less meet the “Superhost for a year” criteria.

BTW, if you do a Google search for “What percentage of Airbnb hosts are Superhosts?” You’ll get an article from AirDNA based on data from the 2017 calendar year that says the number is around 20%. If you read it, you’ll see that is exactly what they purport to say. However, even though this data is from before the new 4.8-star minimum rating, the data is completely bogus. It should be obvious when they have the headline “What Disqualified 1.6M Host from Reaching Superhost Status?” and you realize that’s already almost 1M more hosts than exist in 2020. What they really mean is the percentage of Airbnb listings that are hosted by Superhosts, and even then, they tell you that they skewed the data in other ways. Ugggg, no wonder people here hate it when software companies create posts trying to pedal their wares.

3 Likes

Have to be Superhosts currently and for 4 quarters but not the past 4 quarters; it can be any 4 quarters.

We should know more quickly. They want to start disbursements by May.

Where did you find this?

She posted the link above in post #37.

1 Like

https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/answers-to-your-questions-about-the-superhost-relief-fund-170

@JJD @KKC Thanks. There was no link on the #37 post.

Weird that I can see it.

1 Like

There’s a link in #39, but not in #37. At least not for me.

:roll_eyes:

For what it’s worth (0.1 pence) regarding the 25%.

I had a cancellation that was a whole ago, so it appears they are reviewing things. They messaged me this weekend that they would be paying 25% so I asked about the other cancellations that hadn’t been addressed and this was the response:

No. And airbnb won’t commit to paying this money or not

It’s almost May and haven’t received nothing yet, just 60$ as part of the 25% cancellation fund…

I just read that “All invitations will be sent out by May 15, 2020”, so I guess we all have to be a bit more patient…

They should just give one host the 10 mill.
Like winning the powerball and we all have a ticket.
I got an airbnb key chain once. I was thrilled.

3 Likes

Airbnb has updated the Superhost Relief Fund page with the following info:

“We’ll email invitations to a few thousand hosts every week through the end of May.”

So far, only one host on this entire forum has posted about getting invited.

They upgraded the total to 17 million.

1 Like