Airbnb’s Newly Refreshed and Minimalistic Look 🏳️

In my market we’ve only seen a few of those changes. The text hasn’t changed yet, but the listing title is gone. I also can’t search beyond just number of guests. I just wish they were consistent!

What is your listing. I will check and thanks for the idea. Need to change ours as well. Curt

Can someone search my listing and see if you can book with the infant/children breakdown? www.airbnb.com/rooms/13780291

This is going to depress you. When I search for your listing anonymously [firefox], I don’t find you on the map at all. When I click on your link [safari], I get the old “number of visitors” which is to be expected. They haven’t changed that in either version.

Thank you. Yes, when I uploaded it, I quickly realized that 1) it was too high on photo 2) needed larger font. Maybe they haven’t changed to the new format, because my usual title was displayed on the search. I’m not sure how 4 1/2 stars showed up before my listing that has five starts and 110 reviews, but I think it’s because I just restarted, and one of the guests didn’t do a review. And, of course, it’s one I went way out of my way for. Thanks again for your feedback. I’ve got to find a better editor for the photos than Paint and then I’ll try again. Chris

The ‘no-text-in-pictures’ policy, whose intent is to prevent urls from being added to them like @jaquo said, unfortunately can also eliminate the inclusion of legitimate photo credits.

Yes, I can book for one night 4 adults, 5 infants for $65 plus cleaning and service fee. I always forget how to do a screen shot so here is a copy and paste:

Your host, Andy & Sarah
Who’s coming?

4 guests, 5 infants
Say hello to your host and tell them why you’re coming:

Visiting family or friends? Seeing the sights? This helps your host plan for your trip.
Andy & Sarah’s House Rules

Wow. Fun times. I hope people are reasonable with this, buy you know how many Air guests are. Now, do you know if people can IB with these free babies? Like if I deselect 0-2 and someone wants to bring babies that will keep them from being able to IB?

I love how we have to keep tweaking our listings to protect ourselves from these changes.

1 Like

Totally agree with your point on titles.

That said, do you have a sense of how much people are using map vs scrolling through listings? I would think most people would use map which would help alleviate this for you.

1 Like

I haven’t seen in the TOS the policy that forbids text in pictures.
There are many listings out there that have a floor plan and that includes text most of the time.
This is really informative to the guests and a big plus for the listing itself. There are other type of images that will benefit from having text in it.

@florbone

There does not seem to be a specific rule against text in photos but possibly this?

14: User Conduct
You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for
compliance with any and all laws, rules, regulations, and Tax
obligations that may apply to your use of the Site, Application,
Services and Collective Content. In connection with your use of the
Site, Application, Services and Collective Content, you may not and you
agree that you will not:

use our Site, Application or Services to transmit, distribute, post or submit any information concerning any other person or entity, including without limitation, photographs of others without their permission, personal contact information or credit, debit, calling card or account numbers;

Yup that’s bugging me too. I went through my copy and shortened sentences first, then hit return after each one. It’s not perfect but it’s better than a wall of text.

Yes, that’s a much more accurate description of what they want to forbid.
You can’t place text that relates to personal information and that makes good sense.

Good to know. I am trying to include an aerial map in my Guide, with text, but keep not showing…hmm, will give it another try.

Good point. When I’’ back from vacation, i’all get serious about figuring out the best way to optimize. Right now I’'m wondering why so many International are seeing the listings. It doesn’t matter, but it seems unusual.

Funny how things go in circles, especially on AirBnB.

I would think this too but it hasn’t held true for me. I can’t believe how many people book that have no idea where it is located. I even had one person book (IB, same day check-in) for the wrong state because they did a search for the town and likely clicked the one in the other state.

The loss of the titles really messes me up. My titles were the names of my rooms and I use them consistently in directions and signage at my home. Back to the drawing board.

My titles are there now. I don’t even remember how long they were gone because they have been back for so long. Perhaps it is a thing just in your area (or maybe it’s just wherever I search, becuase I see them all the time now and don’t clearly remember not having them).