Airbnb paying 25% based on your cancellation policy?

Yes, my point exactly. Working remotely is a great idea and has always been a great idea. A business can keep going and less cars means less pollution. So that is one way to stop the virus from spreading and keeping the economic wheels turning.
We must find creative ways to both stop the virus from spreading, and allow businesses to stay open.

2 Likes

it was just 3 or 4 weeks ago that there was a thread titled something like ā€œTired of entitled guestsā€ and I said ā€œcovid 19 is here to save the day.ā€ LOL.

2 Likes

@jaquo - Yes! And a decorative pillow debate. Bring it on :+1:

2 Likes

With covid Iā€™ve removed all discretionary textiles. Guests will get two pillows and one blanket in summer, if I have guests. If they need more, they can ask. If they need decorative pillows they need to bring their own.

2 Likes

@KKC - I did just the opposite, but for a different reason. When we closed the house last week, I spent a week cleaning, weeding, installing a security system, changing lock codes ā€¦ Before I left, I put pillows on the couch, chairs, and beds. Iā€™ll put them back in storage when we start back up but I wanted the old gal to feel pretty since she was going to be empty for untold months. Sappy me, I even told her goodbye. Retirement there canā€™t come soon enough :heart:

1 Like

Aww. Iā€™d probably do the same if I had that kind of rental. I donā€™t have much attachment to ā€œthingsā€ but I very much love my home so I understand.

1 Like

Thereā€™s been many reports worldwide about the positive effects on the environment that the curtailing of human activity has brought about. The Venice canal is clear and clean looking, smog levels are way way down, holes in the ozone layer are closing, etc. The planet is breathing a sigh of relief while the humans stop their constant polluting activity.

4 Likes

Thank you. She has been my dream since I was 19, and has been home since the moment I saw her.

2 Likes

Wow, dream big or go home. When I was 19 I think my dream was to get drunk and get laid. LOL.

Also, I had a girlfriend who told me once, ā€œYou would never move out of that house.ā€ We were discussing living together at the time. I realized then she was right. My mom literally found this house for me by driving up and down streets while I was working. We scheduled an appointment to see it during my lunch hour and I made my offer after work that day. It had only been on the market one week. She also helped me with the down payment. So while itā€™s not a dream home by any means, itā€™s the home where I dream and I will always be grateful to my mom for it. I hope Iā€™m here until the day they roll me out on a gurney with a sheet over my face.

5 Likes

YES, YES, YES! I was going to add more to my ā€œless cars, less pollutionā€ comment, but i needed a cuppa tea, so i went and put the kettle onā€¦slurp, slurpā€¦lol!
The world must learn from this pandemic so we will not be in the same boat next time. Yes, next time because unless China and Vietnam change the way they capture, cruelly enslave and eat wildlife then another virus will just replace the current one. Then anotherā€¦ad nauseum.
A Scientist who was talking about the origins of this virus ( wet market in China) said that ( i am not quoting verbatim, but you can get the gistā€¦) mankind has crossed over in to dangerous territory when we capture and eat wild animals. He said that we expose ourselves to unknown pathogens when we consume wildlife, and that we have to stop allowing these markets.
I know the focus is on stopping the spread of the vurus, but we must also demand-yes, demand that these Asian countries permanently close down these inhumane markets and find another source of food.
Unless we change the way we live, the way we work, the way we co-exist with the animal kingdom (and other countries) we are doomed to repeating the same stupid mistakes.
I realize this is beyond the scope of the original thread, but letā€™s all take a step back from politics and taxes and social distancing to think about the bigger picture: I think that weā€™ve been given a warning. Period.

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget throw pillows!

1 Like

Keep reading! :joy:ā€¦

1 Like

Have we mentioned the multitude of ways to make coffeeā€¦:grin:

2 Likes

I love it. And that she found the house. Those memories are the best parts of life. Iā€™d stay there forever too!

2 Likes

Oooh coffee!!! I still havenā€™t had mine today, so please get a post aā€™brewing :joy:

What? Are you in OZ? Itā€™s beer - thirty here in the mountain time zone.

In the morning Iā€™ll be having this:

What a delightful breakfast! Mine would include cigarettes.

2 Likes

That looks awesome :yum: I went outside to work in the yard at 7:30 and came back in at 3:30, I skipped coffee and went straight to beer. Lol!

2 Likes

Maybe not, he will not social distance, will not wear a mask and is obese.

6 Likes

I used to have a moderate policy as I was starting a new AirBnB business and didnā€™t want to make it too unattractive. I switched it to Strict about 2 months ago. Since then I have had one booking cancelled due to Covid19 but it wasnā€™t in the 14/3-14/4 period that AirBnB had stated but because it was booked under moderate I got nothing. The guest has to pay their fees but I told them to ask AirBnB for a refund. This is because they cancelled, not because they could not come to my country, but the regulations were that they would have to self-isolate for 14 days on entry which they felt was too onerous. All my other cancellations are due to EC under strict so I should get the 25%.