Airbnb paying 25% based on your cancellation policy?

That looks awesome :yum: I went outside to work in the yard at 7:30 and came back in at 3:30, I skipped coffee and went straight to beer. Lol!

2 Likes

Maybe not, he will not social distance, will not wear a mask and is obese.

6 Likes

I used to have a moderate policy as I was starting a new AirBnB business and didn’t want to make it too unattractive. I switched it to Strict about 2 months ago. Since then I have had one booking cancelled due to Covid19 but it wasn’t in the 14/3-14/4 period that AirBnB had stated but because it was booked under moderate I got nothing. The guest has to pay their fees but I told them to ask AirBnB for a refund. This is because they cancelled, not because they could not come to my country, but the regulations were that they would have to self-isolate for 14 days on entry which they felt was too onerous. All my other cancellations are due to EC under strict so I should get the 25%.

I have a strict cancellation policy and have had over 200 nights cancelled due to Covid19. I’m still waiting to see if I get paid anything. I’m livid that my no refund policy is not being enforced by airbnb. Not only that, but they are telling guests that it is at the full discretion of the host if I want to give a refund thus making me look quite bad if I don’t. I can’t afford to give refunds after blocking my calendar for extended stays. I have a strict cancellation policy for a reason.

1 Like

With 4 entire properties, i have lost every booking between now and July, Over $20k.
I have refunded every guest. This is no ones fault and I put myself in their shoes…I would want my money back. The best thing is - those who want to return will be direct booking with me, as they don’t like the way the goal posts kept shifting with Airbnb and the various differing advices they received from different agents. I can be vacant for awhile as i put aside a disaster fund. I am watching with interest the other hosts in my area.

3 Likes

I can’t stand the Trump bashing. It’s offensive and doesn’t belong on this blog. If I want that I’ll put on CNN. Trump has been outstanding on this. He is working tirelessly and listening to the doctors and scientists. He is taking their lead. What do people want him to do? Put on a white lab
Coat and come up with a vaccine himself ? The liberal media is propagandizing and causing panic. The percentage of deaths from this virus is very small.

2 Likes

I think you missed the part where you can mute him…

I flagged people WHO FLAGGED ME FIRST! What do you not get about that ? They pontificated about Trump. I responded. THEY flag me for being political, so I flag them fir BEING POLITICAL IN THE FIRST PLACE. I guess they expected kudos for trashing the president.

Do you shout at everyone?

6 Likes

Do you mind your own business!!..? You are one of the ones starting this whole thing with spouting political views in a forum where THEY DO NOT BELONG. So STOP IT! Just write about pillows or sheets and limit your political views to Twitter!

Well done! We’re all in the same situation and I think those of us who accept the reality of the situation with empathy and good wishes for others will be rewarded when things get back to whatever the new normal will be. Like yours, my “would have been” guests are very grateful for how things got handled and are hoping to reschedule. Times like this warrant putting more good out there.

4 Likes

Please, Sola…Everything in the US is politics.
Dijon on a burger was once a scandal but PPE-supplies in a disaster time where Trump favors RED states isn’t ?
It is OKAY for a mod to voice his and hers opinion.
KKC is well-balanced and lives in the US and therefore has a first-hand experience of this (pardon me) sh!tshow of a tragedy that will hurt millions of American lives.

5 Likes

I haven’t been paid out either. I just posted this (see below) on the forum and it was flagged and removed by airbnb moderator!?! I don’t know if they will pay us at all.

“I recently lost $4,300 because of the coronavirus cancellations. On top of that I took a trip (thinking I had the $4,300 to allow me to travel), so am currently stuck abroad, un-employed and paying rent on a NYC apartment with no one in it. Airbnb refused to refund one penny of it, even though there is a video of Airbnb CEO Brian Chesky saying that he wil refund 25% to hosts. Does anyone know if this is true? Because Airbnb Support are offering me nothing. Please help!”

Please stop copying and pasting the same thing to multiple posts @marysusie read through this entire post and maybe you can find an answer

RR

my internet only works sporadically now. so sadly I cannot stay on for more then 17 minutes at a time, and have tried very hard to get an answer to my question about the 25% refund. can you please help me with that?

Posting the same thing on multiple threads is a violation of forum rules. And if you don’t stop we will have to block you.

We are just a forum of hosts, we can’t help you. This is a worldwide emergency. The cancellation policies are very clear and even if you got something it will probably be a fraction of what you lost.

My advice is to focus on the present. Looks like you are going to be stuck in Ireland awhile. You are safer there than NYC so pretty lucky. Rents in NYC are probably going to be modified so there’s that.

If you were renting your apartment out while you were gone that you live in, that’s in violation of NY law and nobody here feels sorry for you. My apologies if I’ve made an incorrect assumption but that’s how it reads to me.

3 Likes

As a moderator , you should have refrained from making a comment about your feelings for the president. Like throwing oil on a fire. But I do appreciate the rest of your comment.

when you say “nobody here” who do you mean? i rent out for long periods and never charge more then what i pay myself. right now i am seeping on a couch with my child and we can’t go anywhere, and have very little to eat. but i know there are people worse off then me. i have a friend on a ventilator fighting for his life. i just want airbnb to do what’s right. i don’t know why you would not want the same.

me also. can’t find an answer to this… and the modertor just threatened to knock me off this group and made personal assumptions about my predicament. the most unprofessional thing i have ever wittnessed.

Nell, moderators have opinions too and please remember that you aren’t always right. None of us are but we are still entitled to our opinions. Whether we shout them vehemently in a public forum is another matter.

Now, speaking of moderators, there are several here and we all have the capability to delete your posts, hide your posts and various other measures, including banning you from the forum. You understand, I’m sure, that this is sometimes necessary.

Hopefully you can refrain from insulting people and discuss hosting matters in a civilised, adult fashion. Thank you.

6 Likes