Airbnb open 2016

I am very sympathetic about the dog issue. I’ve had that, too, and it about drove me insane. It really is maddening. What confounds me the most is why other neighbors don’t call to complain - do they not hear it? It’s awful. Hope it resolves very soon.

I’m with you on these “experiences” they are promoting. Some do look very interesting, but they are for people who want to be lead around by the nose rather than being a tourist the old fashioned way and just wandering around on your own and being open to new experiences.

2 Likes

I know that I’m at a funny age (and have been since I was 13 - a long time ago) But I would pay $349 for the three day experience just to LOOK at this guy :wink:

3 Likes

lol!!! I looked at the “trailer” for his adventure. Let me just say that this pic is quite flattering. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice try…lol. Don’t you really mean you can’t justify someone paying $135 for you to be voluntarily tortured at Disney World with family.

3 Likes

I’m not a fan of the dreadlocks. Eww. :smiley:
But look at his bio…if he founded the EAT SLEEP SURF School, why we wouldn’t we google that and book direct?
How can he get away with saying that in his listing?

What about simply calling the cops? There are noise ordinances, aren’t there?
It’s really unacceptable that these dummies (with no investment in the neighborhood) are allowed to impact people’s lives this way.

Why did you leave California?

Yes traffic was a factor in my move too but more than that I just hated their seemingly relentless mission to pave over paradise to put up a parking lot. Just not one inch of real earth beneath your feet left untouched. Constant development. I grew up on and off in Orange County but my parents had bought a place near the beach when Southern California beach towns were still sleepy and affordable. So at least that property is in the family.

And here I thought you left because California grew too “blue” for you. :smile:

I’m not sure people will figure that out. For that matter, all of these guides aren’t employed by Airbnb. They couldn’t make that much from doing these side trips. This surfer guy has only 5 reviews and his profile is showing that he’s been a member of Air since '14.

That’s a bit north of me… but I am old enough to remember NO development in South Orange county… except for our housing tract. We were the first in the area. My parents’ house was built in 1962. The home designs are distinctively Mid Mod.

Considering they take 20%, no wonder so many of the Experiences are overpriced.

Ah but you DO make sure to buy the best biscotti. :smile:

They do seem expensive, especially for guests staying at my place. They would be paying more for the surfing experience than what they’d be paying to stay at my fabulous place :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, they need to book your affordable cute cozy house in order to be able to AFFORD the Experiences! bwaahahahhhh.

2 Likes

I don’t think they are that fattening!

I have decent stoneware that guests can’t stop chipping and breaking. I think I will get Correlle soon. Just over replacing it constantly. I don’t charge the kinds of prices you do. So I don’t feel guilty about being biscotti free or using Correlle.

Airbnb is in the hospitality business, granted primarily thus far in one aspect of it, but it should follow they will try to enter all other aspects of the hospitality business, at least those requiring some form of booking. Vertical expansion.

1 Like

Oh jeez go to the thrift store and get stuff!

1 Like

I have found the thrift store dishware to be kind of worn out. Some of the older glasses even have an odor! I shop Ross usually. You can find an entire stoneware set for about $16. I got four nice tumblers for $1.50! Our Habitat ReStore has high prices too!

1 Like

That is nice stuff. Looks bright. Good price too for the set.

1 Like