Airbnb open 2016

I am sure guests will pay for this experience

Suggest the new cruelty free vibration collars. Unlike the shock collars of old, the new ones issue the dog a vibration and escalate it with each bark or noise. It really works and cures them. Was suggested by our agility trainer as the ONLY cure for chronic barking. Works wonders, really does.

If the dog barking is bothering you , it must be also bothering all your guests.

You know how I love to throw wet blankets all over things. :smiley:

So it looks like they gave the beta group a fancy video to help promote their experience. Do you think people will really pay $356 to eat at two gluten free restaurants on the first two days and then cook their own on the third? It’s an interesting concept to be sure. If she fills 8 spots at 356, that is more than two grand.

:: shaking head :: There isn’t a restaurant that a millennial will step into in Cambridge Somerville, or Boston that doesn’t have gluten free options. Why would you pay someone to take you to a restaurant? Clearly I am a tight-wad and can’t see the “value” in paying for experiences that I can find for free.

2 Likes

Here’s one with some reviews! Now why couldn’t you take all the pubs on his list and do your own pub crawl. Do you think these were real users? Or Airbnb plants?? SERIOUSLY… $441 per person???

https://www.airbnb.com/experiences/100

Different strokes. It looks totally worth $441.00 to me. You’re getting to pick the brain of someone who really knows hard cider. There are several meals, tastings and goodies included. Don’t forget, London is an expensive city for everything, food included. When I go to a restaurant where I’m a regular I get treated to dishes that the general public is not offered. Also, when there is a party of eight, many restaurants will create a special meal. In this case a meal that is designed to pair with hard cider.

One of my favorite food bloggers leads chocolate tours through Paris. That’s something I would love to do and would gladly pay for.

1 Like

Here’s some possible reviews:

“Kona’s volcano hike experience was wonderful and Kona’s a great guide because the volcano is a breathtaking thing, but we have to give her one star for value. We later realized we could have entered the park for $10 on our own instead of paying Kona $350 to take us in.”

:smiley:

I mean, that is an exaggeration… but know what I mean???

4 Likes

You can add on the review. As we have been injured during our tour with kona, we were suprised that it was not insurance included …

I mean for some activities, it can be quite risky, plus is it legal?

I guess AirBNB doesn’t care about that

But it only takes one day of walking around London to find some cool and inexpensive spots on your own. Tokyo is the same.

Or just walk into almost any pub in London and meet a local guy like this who might take you on a pub crawl for free if you paid the tab. :smile:

Different strokes for sure… but the jaded part of me thinks all the reviews on this listing are fake. Or they were written by users who were “comped” by Air.

Then again, the world scoffed at first when Air was introduced. (I was one of the first 38K to sign up for Air.)

Even my own family was alarmed… “You are going to rent your place online to strangers? Is that safe? What if you get a psycho?” :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah the sharing word is just inaccurate and kind of dorky.

I very much enjoy gaining knowledge from experts rather than trying to figure things out on my own which for me is a bit hit and miss.

Yes, London and Tokyo are small enough that you can probably find good places on your own.In Los Angeles, that would be impossible. My guests are definitely gaining from my years of ferreting out the best restaurants, grocery stores and kitchen supply stores.

Actually both are GINORMOUS. London is Europe’s largest city. Tokyo is huge… I had to hang on to my son’s hand so I would not get separated from him…

True, LA is a big sprawl. I bet the Experiences thing will do well there.

Does anyone know what Air’s cut is in them?

1 Like

Has Air worried about that in the past? Just introduce the idea and let the hosts take on the risk!

4 Likes

I admit I do like the Experiences where a non-profit benefits. Is the host just donating their time in that case?

I might do actually pay to do this one…

See how they reel you in?!

It’s 20%! They want to charge you 20%. Wow.

To help cover the costs of the products, services, and support we provide, we charge hosts who offer experiences and immersions a 20% booking service fee. The amount of the service fee is calculated from the price that hosts set for their experience or immersion.

The booking service fee is charged from hosts’ set price, so it’s only visible to hosts when they set their price. Guests who are looking at experiences and immersions see the total price that they’ll pay to make a booking, and no additional service fees are charged to guests at this time.

Airbnb automatically withholds service fees from host payouts after a completed booking. Payouts are released to hosts 24 hours after the experience, or the first experience in an immersion. Hosts are paid out their earnings with the service fees already removed. They don’t need to reimburse Airbnb for service fees.

Should your guest request a refund for a booking that had a fee applied, please contact Airbnb and we can help you issue the proper amount.

Hosts who participate in nonprofit partnerships to offer experiences have their service fees waived for all bookings.

Also, here is what they say about Insurance. You are on your own.

Do I need liability insurance for hosting my experience?
It depends on the experience you’re providing and where you host.

It’s generally a good idea to think about getting liability insurance, especially if you’re providing an experience like hiking or biking.

Airbnb is unable to recommend specific policies. Please speak to an insurance broker in your area for more information.

Will Airbnb provide insurance to cover my experience?

We’re working on creating policies that can give you peace of mind and will let you know as soon as any service is ready to launch. Until then, we recommend you contact a local insurance broker.

Thanks Evelyn you are very good

Oh… I thought it was a cordial conversation. This should not be allowed. In our neighborhood, our CCRs contain a provision against chronic barking of a dog.

It’s always awful when neighbor animal noise impacts you as well as your guests. I had that terrible wolf whistling parrot next door for a year. It shattered our peace of mind.

Now that would be an Experience a lot of people need to sign up for!