AIRBNB ILLEGALLY HOLDING PAYMENTS

Hi,

We are hosting a wonderful villa in Romania and for 3 weeks now and AIRBNB is holding you payments.
They say that a BUSINESS VERIFICATION is required, we have entered and submitted the details about 14-15 times during these 3 weeks, we have waited the 72 hours verification time and nothing happened.
After the 72 hours they still request the business verification.
They are holding 3000 € from our pocket and none of the call center agents managed to help me, they keep repeating the words business verification with no clue on what they can do to help me.
IN CASE YOU ENCOUNTER THIS ISSUE AS A HOST PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEAE DO NOT LET OTHER GUESTS IN YOUR HOUSE, APARTMENT ETC. YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY THE UTILITIES, CLEANING AND STAFF AND YOU WON’T RECEIVE ANY OF YOUR MONEY.
THEY WILL KEEP BLOCKING YOUR PAYMENTS.
Our account is fully verified with accurate pictures, address including pictures of me and my ID as a host.
We will probably have to sue them as i do not see another alternative.

In the US users agree to arbitration when they sign up. I 'll be very interested to see how this is different in Romania. Keep us posted.

3 Likes

Oh dear, I suspected this would be a rant.

As a host in Romania, I would have thought you were aware of the issues ALL short term rental hosts have in your country.

JF

1 Like

Did you fully read Airbnb’s TOS before you signed up?

Sorry if I missed that within your rant but I tend to only skim posts with no paragraph breaks and lots of erroneous capitals.

4 Likes

I remember reading that Airbnb might withhold the payments to new hosts for 30 days in some areas and under some circumstances. Maybe you or your listing fall under that somehow. I’ll see if I can find that info.

3 Likes

Actually AirBnB’s is verry buggy again. The site keeps asking for verifications, and no matter how often you send them all data, they will repeat all questions with the next login again.

The AirBnB software is a disaster, and again just before the busiest weeks in the year. As if they looking for ways not having to pay out host.

Last year they had similar issues where a lot of hosts had to wait weeks for their payout over the holiday season.

1 Like

I had a payment that was pending and each time I called, like you said, they each said the same scripted response. It took three weeks for me to finally get paid. Try sending a message through their Facebook page and ask for your case to be escalated. Hope it works out for you.

2 Likes

Also do not only fill out the form that pops up.

Go into your profile and business data, and fill all missing data there.

The information you fill in the form is not copied automatically into your business profile.

We called AirBnB to aks why we keep receiving this pop up message. They do not know and cannot stop it. But they confirmed all information in the profile is correct.

Hello - I am a host in Australia and am having exactly the same issues after going through the verification process many times, uploading ID’s etc - Now I have not received payments in over 2 months! I cannot get any sort of assistance when I call - they just keep telling me my issue is logged and they will get to it.

Did you resolve this please & how? - Thanks so much - Mardi

@SundayHouseMaldon

Hi
You tagged into an old thread which may be why no one has answered.

Airbnb tends to respond to service requests posted on their Twitter account and Facebook pages. You may wish to post your requests for assistance there.

I hate this has happened to you. For any host especially a new one, it is a frustrating situation

1 Like