AirBNB Experiences Washington: Attend a Fellatio Workshop

Ewww. Why can’t people keep this kind of stuff a bit more private. It’s annoying how it’s all out there for people to snigger at. Call me a prude if you like. I don’t care.

1 Like

Honestly I think it’s a significant marketing misfire. I get enough summer interns whose sit down jointly with their parents to find my listings, and the parents are already nervous to the max about the crime rate here, and then if this workshop popped up as they were searching for a place for their kid, I think it would be a major WTF moment. “Why am I seeing a fellatio workshop when all I want is a safe, reliable, clean, no hijinks place for Andrew or Kimmie. Is AirBNB somewhat whackdoodle?”

It brands AirBNB as a bit “out there”, with a sketchy at best grasp that you never want to alienate a market segment for essentially zero gain.

1 Like

There’s this one too.

Okay, I must be the opposite of a prude (whatever that might be) but I don’t see anything wrong in having a workshop that improves people’s sex lives.

3 Likes

Makes me wonder if the apparently juvenile staff know the right name for what is happening at this experience.

3 Likes

You are a prude…

4 Likes

And I don’t care. But thanks for dropping me a line.

4 Likes

I’m with Jaquo on this. I also totally get that people aren’t going to overcome a lifetime of socialization on the subject easily. I’ve faced a lot of things in my lifetime that made me uncomfortable, that I wasn’t equipped to deal with, especially in the LGBTQIA community. I have them to thank for teaching me some new ways of thinking about such things. (La Vie Boheme from Rent comes to mind.) A fellatio workshop doesn’t affect me in the least. Neither does a person being a prude as long as they don’t try to impose their beliefs on me.

3 Likes

What’s the connection between

• a homesharing app
  • fellatio techniques ?

I’m not seeing it.

It’d be as if I went into our city’s main adult boutique, Sugar, and amidst the dildos and leatherwear etc. lovingly displayed on translucent platforms, there was a stack of Apartment Finder magazines.

4 Likes

I am a prude too… I think this is weird and shouldn’t be an experience on this platform. whats next? offering dominatrix sessions? swinging couples? erotic massage with happy ending? there should be a limit somewhere.

2 Likes

Of course, nobody has sex in any airbnb. How awful to even mention anything improving an experience like sex (which of course never happens in any bed in any airbnb) - we expect our guests to have zero enjoyment in bed!

3 Likes

What’s the connection between a homesharing app and a history tour (an experience I’ve looked at for my Boston trip?) I bet no one thinks twice about that one. Two big differences I see (as a former history teacher) between a history tour and a fellation workshop is that people are a lot more interested in blow jobs than history but have been conditioned to have shame in one and pride in the other.

4 Likes

That’s terrible if it’s really the case.

1 Like

Both are obvious and natural aspects of the travel experience.

Thinking something is an utter non sequitur is quite different to having shame about it.

I have no idea why folks equate decorum with prudery or shame. For all we know, the relationship between talking about/attending fellatio workshops/sex in general and sensuality is either zero or quite possibly inverse.

“Them’s that talkin’ about it ain’t doin’ it.”
“Them’s that doin’ it ain’t talkin’ about it.”

1 Like

LOL. I don’t agree. But that’s okay.

Is another product of socialization to get people to quit talking about it.

Again, these things are all made up and result of a ton of interrelated factors. It’s funny how the Ancient Greeks had very different ideas about decorum and yet we celebrate them as one of the great classical Western civilizations. Let me tell you the first time I saw actual Greek pottery in museums was a real eye opener. And here in the west we also don’t hear about or see all the classical erotic art from non-Western civilizations. An in-depth discussion of how we got saddled with these unnatural ideas about sin, sexuality and shame by the Medieval Church is way out of my lane of expertise but thankfully there’s plenty of information out there (with illustrations!) for anyone who seeks it out.

1 Like

Should there not be a “reciprocal” class for the ladies?

Click this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l2oi-X8P38

2 Likes

@Don_Burns LOL! Wonder how many folks actually “got” this…no pun intended…or maybe it was…Our American society is very prudish compared to the Europeans, in my humble opinion. I was married to a Brit who wouldn’t bat an eye at this post. He would probably forward it to me! The Puritans came over and we were done for. Women were revered before the church came along. I hate to say that being a Catholic, but the church really made women out to be witches when they were just healers…men afraid of the power of women. Plain and simple.
As for this post it didn’t bother me. My gay friends exposed me to their “toys”, and visits to the bars showed me an alternative life style. Too bad I can no longer fit in my cute leather outfit that I purchased in Georgetown after the Women’s Pro-Choice march in DC…all this in my 20’s. And see, here I am a respectable, mature adult…hahahahha!

2 Likes

I love it! perhaps I should try offering this experience. May have to take a class first though :rofl:

1 Like

i’m sorry i have to disagree with you. the original posting is not about if people have sex in airbnbs. of course they do. as for my guests enjoyment in bed that’s their problem not mine. As for the said “experience”, what makes you think it’s good, or it has valuable info? To me it’s where you draw the line in what you offer. I mean, I have a friend who is a pole dancer and an airbnb host. I’m going to tell her to put a pole in the middle of livingroom and offer “experiences” to her guests. And perhaps lap dances in their rooms, right?

And yes,Americans are way more puritan than Europeans. There’s no nudy beach in America and no topless women on the beach.

1 Like

I agree about the inverse relationship. Sleazy drooling old men come to mind.

2 Likes

Agree. It brings the whole website down just that one little extra notch. Sign on to find a room for a night and get offered a blowjob clinic. See if Booking or the Expedia sites are offering sexual counseling. Then tell us how it’s really cool that we do and they don’t.

2 Likes