Advice on Bedding

These don’t pill and they breathe. Guests love them. We’ve been using them for years. They wear better than high end cotton sheets and you won’t want to get out of bed.

1 Like

please tell us where to shop for silk duvets.

Hello
I love this site for quality linens they carry a full array of bedding of all types, cookware the big names even Egyptian cotton terry cloth robes. visit them at www.morethanjustbedding.com

I bought 3 sets of double bed duvet sets for £13 each in ebay. So far all the guests love them. They don’t wrinkle either and feel great. There was about 40 designs, I git a las vegas, france and new york design.

1 Like

Yes, those are the way to go. I wish I had done that!

Hi all. I just found this site and I’m so glad I did. We are planning a Maui Vacation Rental next June… I just need to know if there is a map somewhere that shows where each hotel is located in Maui.

No entirely sure I understand your question -

One thing you can do is use booking.com or travelocity - search for hotels and use the ‘map’ feature to see where they are. It won’t give you all the hotels, but, you’ll get an idea of what your competition is.

1 Like

In my first 2 years of hosting, I only bought (+500 threads) premium quality beddings from BedBathBeyond. After $3000 worth of bedding investment being destroyed and more importantly the amount of stress I dealt with I had to find a solution.

On my 3rd year I switched to providing low quality (200 threads) beddings bought from Wallmart. My daily rate is +$250 and cleaning fee is $100 so one may perceive my rate is over priced compared to bedding quality. BUT I do not charge damaged beddings. If stains couldn’t be removed they are thrown out. Occurrence rate is about 20% meaning it is thrown away after 30~40 nights stays. In fact I have never claimed damage deposit so far. I will accept if guests willingly compensate for the damage they made but I won’t chase them. This way I sleep better and feel happier.

• Inventory (BedBathBeyond) Cost Per Guest
    Two Flat Sheets: $100
    Two Pillow Cases: $40
    Duvet Cover: $130

• Inventory (Wallmart) Cost Per Guest
    Two Flat Sheets: $30
    Two Pillow Cases: $10
    Duvet Cover: $70

Since transition from BBB to Wallmart nobody ever complained about bedding quality.

3 Likes

This really surprises me. I’ve been back-to-back this year and haven’t had to throw out any bedding at all.

2 Likes

Yeah exactly. I can see my bedding lasting years and I only paid £13 for the duvet set and £6 for the fitted sheet.

1 Like

Mine were $19.99. I think that’s around 13 quid? And it came with two pillowcases.

1 Like

Almost same about $18.50 and mine had 2 pillow cases too. EBays a winner :slight_smile:

Mine were Target or Bed Bath and Beyond or somewhere like that. I forget exactly.

100% cotton Sheets are all white. Yellowing totally ruined them.
Clorox instantly removes stains but over time it causes yellowing.

Duvet Covers (dark color) are a different story. Lubricant stains totally killed them. Impossible to get rid of those dark stains. I can’t ask guests not to use them…

I tried so many ways but no luck. -_-…

I only have single guests per room. So be very suprised if any used lube haha

1 Like

I’m with you at more than half the price point. Bedding is the single most ruined and replaced thing in my ABB. I use red and black sheets and towels and tropical patterned comforters and shams. No way would I do white. It would be ruined within two guests.

2 Likes

Or one in my case - waste of £10!!!

1 Like

Try something new, let us say Theme Bedding, its cool and more relaxing

@torohost, I believe you can add something to the wash called bluing which will whiten them again.
https://www.amazon.com/Mrs-Stewarts-Concentrated-Liquid-Bluing/dp/B009M7ESPA/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1466160725&sr=8-1&keywords=bluing

1 Like

I’ve only once had to throw away bedding.