A day in the life of our mods?

Stolen (and modified to be relevent to our group) from The Hippies were Right FB page…because it made me laugh, and because it all sounds just a bit familiar…

A Day in the Life of an AirBnB forum Admin:

Q: How many people does it take to change a duvet cover?
A: 1 to change the duvet cover and to post that the duvet cover has been changed.
14 to share similar experiences of changing duvet covers and how the duvet cover could have been changed differently.
7 to caution about the dangers of changing duvet covers.
17 purists who use quilts and are offended by duvet cover discussions.
6 to argue over whether it’s ‘duvet’ or ‘duvet cover’.
Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.
22 to tell THOSE 6 to stop being jackasses.
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is “comforter”.
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that ‘duvet cover’ is perfectly correct.
249 to post meme’s and gif’s.
19 to post that this group is not about duvet covers and to please take this discussion to a duvet cover group.
11 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use duvet covers and therefore the posts are relevant here.
16 to post ‘Following’.
36 to debate which method of changing duvet covers is superior, where to buy the best duvet covers, what brand of duvet covers work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.
7 to ask if the brands of duvet covers used are worth the money.
19 to tell them that if they like the duvet covers, buy them.
5 People to post pics of their own duvet covers.
15 People to post “I can’t see S$%^!” and use their own duvet covers.
7 to post URL’s where one can see examples of different duvet covers.
32 to debate the ethics of responsibly sourced duvet covers
4 to post that the URL’s were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL’s.
13 to comment “Me too”.
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post or are leaving because they cannot handle the fucking duvet cover controversy.
6 to report the post or PM an admin because someone said ‘fuck’.
22 to ask if there is a flounce in progress.
349 to post flounce memes.
4 to say “Didn’t we go through this already a short time ago?”.
13 to say “Do a search on duvet covers before posting questions about duvet covers”.
1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that (insert politician of choice) wouldn’t know a duvet cover if it slapped them in the face.
4 more to get into personal attacks over their political views.
5 admins to ban the duvet cover posters who took it all too seriously.
1 late arrival to comment on the original post 6 months later and start it all over again.

23 Likes

So funny! 1 to ask if they can like the post 10x.

5 Likes

There’s also the whole PM side of it…

PMing mods with rants about all the posters who don’t agree about duvets and asking for their accounts to be banned. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Or PMing mods with requests for certain posters not to comment on their threads…

Or… PMing mods about how the thread got off topic.

Or my favorite… PMing mods with a BIG announcement about how they are pissed and leaving the forum and could we please delete their account (“Goodbye Felicia!)

9 Likes

Nicely done, but that’s a whole lot more people than actually post here.

3 Likes

What, no-one’s mentioned or posted pics of their duvet covers stained with makeup and worse??

I don’t think this account is realistic at all, I mean, surely by now they would’ve mentioned Hitler?!! :smile:

(And no, line 4 from the bottom doesn’t cover it; these days “politician of choice to besmirch” is almost exclusively reserved for you know who! trump_anger_256)

5 Likes

PS: I actually scrolled up to look at the post’s date when I read the last line! :rofl:

1 Like

What about the 2 forum members who are still feuding 6 months later, after an argument that originated on said duvet/duvet cover thread

6 Likes

Add, various posts re hacks to make changing duvet cover easier.

3 Likes

I’d just like to take this opportunity to say that turning the duvet cover inside out and grabbing the corners with your hands inside IS by far the best method of putting a duvet cover on.

:joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Oh I have another one…

The person who tells everyone ‘maybe you’re not cut out for Airbnb if you can’t even change a duvet cover’

Other variations:
‘The hospitality industry obviously isn’t for you’
‘Maybe you should reconsider being an Airbnb host’

8 Likes

You need to turn off instant book!

3 Likes

And raise your prices!

3 Likes

haha, you do great work and thank you for giving me a laugh at the end of a long tiring day…

This too has become my favorite. @konacoconutz stop being the ‘nice’ moderator and you will get leas PMs (I speak from experience :joy::joy:)

2 Likes

can I ask who what when why is Felicia and why we said goodbye?

2 Likes

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

6 Likes

Yikes, that Urban Dictionary entry needs some basic grammar editing!

And much more! But then, it’s not the Urbane Dictionary is it!

3 Likes

(Yes, and spelling also.)

@Debthecat

I had never heard (of the meaning) of Felicia either and wondered who she was.

1 Like

How did that happen? I thought I was the burly, take no prisoners, thug mod!

1 Like