A crazy day with guest who act to have no money

Yes, 100000%. There is another thread where some hosts started making house rules for her, its a good giggle.

@azreala - I have no willpower :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i got dragged in as well.

2 Likes

Well, it’s fun in a weird sort of way :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That is not my experience, in my case they were very helpful and the guest had to pay 100% of the damage. I think you were very rude, apart from breaking the rules.

Other than entertainment value, why is she even on this board?

3 Likes

Just that, I think! The only problem is that casual viewers might think she’s a REAL host. But I very much doubt it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Like driving past an auto accident - you tell yourself ‘don’t look, don’t look, don’t look’ and then “Bam! you look!”

6 Likes

Bhahahahah. Okay, fair enough.

1 Like

He should give you a bad rating!!!
You are a bad host!

Asking for a deposit is not a problem, but it should go trough AirBnB.
The guest should report you to AirBnB and have your account blocked!

2 Likes

Hey @Chen_Susanne

You shouldn’t be collecting any cash deposits - if Air find out they’ll kick you off the site.

That is wrong. Check your local law. In west europe the host has right to take the deposit.

Yes, you have the right to take deposit, but not outside airbnb.

You should use this option, and you have no right taking deposit outside AirBnB

6 Likes

Apart from the fact that it’s not allowed by Airbnb TOS, I know lots of listings (in my area) that charge cash fees. Unfortunately, Airbnb does nothing against it.

Example:

Tourist fee is $ 3 per night. The amount must be paid in cash directly at the check-in time.

From the reviews:
Surprised us that owener charge $30 to introuduce apartment.

Please read careful about the insurance in airbnb. If something happends in your house, the insurance will not pay you. Only when the damage is huge and over some amount air bnb will pay the difference. I don’t care if airbnb delete my account or not. I don’t think they will do so. What i know is, if the guests make a damage and run away i will lose money. Last time my guests demaged my wall, airbnb doesn’t care at all. From that on i know i can charge cash deposit. That is not against the local law. Actually i think airbnb is illegal in some big cities in west europe. Something like: booking the right number of guests , don’t let the guests bring extra people without paying more that is against the law. Actually the guests have right to bring some people. But in most of case, the guests will not pay a lawyer for such things. I think you should buy a renting law of your country. It is not expensive, maybe just 5 dollors. But you will not be played around by airbnb.

I am typing this from my Air BNB ( That i own) in 'WEST" Europe and we have never collected a deposit outside of the AIr BNB system. Also, I’m pretty sure if any hosts here asked for that the guests would think its a scam… oh wait, it is a scam!

2 Likes

Some cities require tourist taxes and Air BNB does not add that to the guests final bill. One of the cities we list in has a 12% tourist tax that is required for every booking, but Air BNB does not charge it. So, the option is to either collect in cash (with that listed very clearly on the listing) or just raise the price to account for the tax. We do the latter bc I don’t want to get reviews like the one you posted above. We do charge (cash) for late check in, paid directly to the property manager. This is all very clearly stated in the check in instructions- I guess I could also charge the late check in fee via Air.

1 Like

Quite apart from the fact that collecting a cash security deposit is against Airbnb’s TOS, imagine arriving at your accommodation and finding that your ‘gracious host’ immediately starts demanding cash in case you break something, damage something or are a serial killer.

Far from being a lovely welcome to your home from home, your host is effectively saying ‘you are a dangerous, careless and dirty slob who is going to cause damage and steal things’. How delightful :wink:

2 Likes

that is totally wrong. show me where do you read the “against airbnb”. I read " it is allowed "

On the contrary, AirBnB even suggests it as an option.
But it should be communicated op front.

2 Likes