18 year old request to book

Not since 2009 in Spain when the age for purchasing and drinking alcohol was raised to eighteen years old, specifically to combat the rise (at the time) of alcohol abuse by minors.

That said, I’ve never seen anyone ID’d, even our oldest daughter who looks about fourteen, but is actually twenty five and holds a personal liquor licence herself. She is so used to drumming into her staff (in the UK) that if someone looks twenty five or under they MUST be ID’d, it really amuses her that no-one bothers here.

JF

1 Like

Please be aware that some hosts are mandatory reporters if they so much as suspect a child could be endangered. I’ve had to make cross-country calls based on information shared with me about guests using K-12 IDs. Sure, the guest could be emancipated, but it is someone else’s job to verify. School IDs are very easy to fake.

Heaven sounds like a stripper’s name. Beware-- ABNB has been used to facilitate human trafficking.

1 Like

Having been a mandatory reporter I have to wonder what host could possibly be a mandatory reporter? Please elaborate.

RR

Any host that still has their job where they are a mandated reporter. Me, for example. I own an children’s play center. I work in cooperation with several social services groups in the area for supervised visitations. I have worked in the care industry for a good part of my life as well. Whether or not I am definitely a Mandated Reporter is slightly grey, but law enforcement and the court system would take a very dim view of me letting something go by that should be reported.

It would not surprise me at all to learn that there are any number of folks working at jobs that make them Mandated Reporters that also host STR’s

2 Likes

I’m also 100% a mandatory reporter. Doesn’t matter where I see what I see according to my license.

1 Like