18 year old request to book

I just got this from a guest named Heaven…

I’ve never rented off of airbnb, do you mind telling me what information you would need from me? I’m 18 years old and have my license and my friend has a school Id, is that okay? I’m just unsure and don’t want to book it if it doesn’t meet your requirements. Thank you

I responded I appreciate that you asked first , pre approved and told him/her no parties, no smoking, no extra guests or animals leave the place clean and you will earn your first 5* review from me.

I will be keeping a close eye, I live a block away and my office is on the property. I am really pretty comfortable with it.

Just sayin

RR

9 Likes

That’s a really nice way to respond - especially the part about reviewing him. :+1:

1 Like

Is the friend 18 as well??

1 Like

No Idea, did not ask. I don’t care, I do not ask ages of guests for anyone else.

Heaven has still not booked, will see what happens.

RR

School ID would make me question this one closer. Is this an 18 year old and his 15 year old girlfriend using the place as a Statutory Shack, because I’ll pass on abetting.

5 Likes

That is exactly my thought @LoneStar. I’m not gonna put myself into that type of situation. Scary stuff.

I think that Heaven is a girl, I could be wrong. It is really none of my business.
I am in the business of putting heads in beds!

I am planning to check them in in person to go over expectations.

RR

4 Likes

Just had the most amazing 18 year old staying with me for a week. Polite, friendly, articulate, I even took her out to the harbourside one night.

She left me this morning with a hug and a beautiful potted plant. Her room was immaculate.

@MissSwan - what sort of ID does an 18 year carry in the US if they don’t have a car license or passport? Over here in the UK if you don’t have these school or college ID is the main form or identification.

@LoneStar why do you think school ID means someone is under the age of consent?

1 Like

Yes it is a girl’s name.

1 Like

How are you responsible for a legal adult? I never check ID of anyone other than primary guest.

RR

Now that’s my kind of five star guest! Unless you meant potted plant…

Lol

RR

5 Likes

I would also book them.

2 Likes

It would make me question the situation more.

That’s just the thing. In the US most of us get our drivers license at 16 so only having a school ID is not the norm for adult travelers here.

But what if the other guest is not a legal adult? You don’t care, don’t ask/don’t tell?

1 Like

Most of US did, the younger generation not so much, maybe in Texas its different though.

RR

1 Like

The person booking may be a legal adult but their friend may not be. If you are aware that there is a minor staying in the household without a parent or Guardian then you can be held responsible if anything were to happen to them. It is better safe than sorry. At least in the US

2 Likes

however, adults who don’t drive routinely get and are expected to routinely provide state issued ID

I think if they had stated that it was a college ID I really wouldn’t question it. There are high schools and even middle schools around me who issue to their students though so without clarification I definitely would not be comfortable

1 Like

What if the other guest is a legal adult? You do not even check ID for primary guests so…

RR