18 year old request to book

And? Like I said, you have stated previously that you are OK with not getting ID, now you are suggesting I get it for all guests?

RR

1 Like

unaccompanied minors:

83927ce52881168fbef96b88c7236f46--randy-jackson-idol-judges

Then it’s a no for you. Lucky for them they are not booking with you.

RR

3 Likes

No, I am sharing that I would personally suss this out because I want to avoid hosting unaccompanied minors, and I tend to think the worst things until I get reassured. You do you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am just going to leave this here. This is the lens I see this issue through, for your consideration.

2 Likes

I do not think this 18 year old girl is trafficking humans, and if I got a whif of anything looking like that I will cancel the booking. A pimp does not ask permission to book and lay it out like this guest did.

I have daughters, I know dangers exist but I look through a different lens than you do.

Heaven still has not booked, will see what happens.

RR

4 Likes

Exactly. The worst case scenario IMHO is this is his/her underage girl/boyfriend. And they’re already having sex. Jeez, Have none of us ever been teenagers?

4 Likes

Someone who doesn’t drive can obtain a State ID that has their photo on it and can be used for everything except driving privileges

These guys were all 18 years old. I am just saying.

1 Like

So you will not rent to 18 year olds? Lots of 35 year old assholes too, lets not rent to them…

RR

1 Like

It was a response to the “worst case scenario” comment. This article shows it is not, in fact the worst case scenario and I am not inventing an imaginary worse scenario, but rather illustrating a real life worse scenario.

Yes, I will rent to 18 year olds. I will also do whatever possible to avoid hosting unaccompanied minors. I am not arguing with you.

2 Likes

My 19-yr-old booked her first AirBnb last month. She took along her brothers, 15 and 16. Not only did the host Kindly give them a chance, he told them where the nearest liquor store was. :astonished: She ended up with her first 5-star review, and I got this lovely text :joy:
:

9 Likes

That may be true in some parts of the country but a lot of city kids don’t get their driver’s licenses until much later, if ever.

1 Like

I tried to get out of a booking by claiming the unaccompanied minors and Airbnb said they had no policy against it and wouldn’t stand behind me cancelling because of it - I would have had to cancel with full penalties.

Oops… have edited :blush:

2 Likes

Well her dates were booked by someone else so it’s a moot point now! I was wondering if she would actually pull the trigger and book, she was just a one nighter replacement was for 2 nights.

RR

2 Likes

I would be concern of under age drinking.

Not my problem, unless they puke. If I were to see them bringing cases of beer on the camera I might intervene knowing they are underage. But it would not be my first concern. i think they just needed a place to have sex.

RR

2 Likes

I think it’s interesting that so many people approach the question of hosting an 18 year old from the assume the worst position. Having worked with teens most of my life and having host ed several very young, but ages unknown, couples I would assume things would go well and would only be posting here afterwards if they didn’t go well.

5 Likes

I posted just to see reactions, and it was predictable. I knew many hosts would be aghast at the idea of hosting a young adult. So many hosts put up so many barriers to hosting!

RR

1 Like