1 night minimum stay, anybody doing this?

@Hampton - Under Listing/Pricing - Change your “Base Rate” to the rate you want a one night stay - mine is $345. Make sure Dynamic Pricing is “Off”. In the next section under “Length of Stay Discounts” begin adding the % discount at 2 nights to equal the rate you want for a 2 night stay. Mine starts at 42% discount for 2 nights. Note that you have to keep the same or greater discount for nights 2-30. Here is a screen shot of my page:

I hope this helps!

1 Like

WOW! I haven’t even looked at that in so long i didn’t realize we had that option. Last time i checked the shortest term for a discount was 7 days! I will get right on it, thanks.

OK - just checked and as mentioned, the only options for discount i’m given is weekly or monthly. Also, “dynamic pricing” isn’t an option either. Just wondering, do you IB?

Karen, thanks for this length-of-stay discount info!

1 Like

@Hampton - Yes, I use IB. I realized that I was accepting all guest queries anyway, so I started using IB w/ a 7 day advance notice. Earlier this year I switched to 3 day advance notice (but have had only 1 booking in this scenario.)

I have an entire home rental in a weekend spa resort area. The vast majority of my bookings are weekends only. My 1912 home is not kid friendly so my slow season is June-Aug.

For me, IB is working well.

I was just curious because Airbnb offers features to hosts who IB that aren’t available to those of us who do not. I think it’s all part of their plan to move all hosts to IB! Thanks, i wish we had the option to discount two day stays - it would be a big help to us.

Of course it’s a coersion technique to try to force all hosts to use IB. Resist!

About length of stay pricing… Airbnb makes weekly & monthly discounts easy to input.

I don’t use IB.

You must go an extra step to define additional length of stay discounts.
Below are screenshots:

IB is awesome. Not all of us are renting out a single room for one guest only.

I’m well aware of that many hosts love the IB option. I never said no one should use it. I was referring to resisting the coersion that Airbnb uses to try to force hosts who don’t want to use it to switch it on.
Why are you so intent on misconstruing my posts and being my enemy?

Oh? And how exactly am I “misconstruing” you?
Quote: Of course it’s a coersion technique to try to force all hosts to use IB. Resist!

Did you mean something other than what you wrote? I’m pretty sure that each of us can determine if IB is in our best interests without a blithe “resist”.

My comment was in response to Hampton’s post right above mine:

So if you had read through the thread and noticed that, rather than jumping on my post and taking it out of context, you would have known that I was speaking to the coersion that is used to try to force hosts to use IB when they don’t want to. We can’t see the star ratings, we can’t require govt. ID or a certain number of good reviews, we are lowered in search ranking, even if we are Superhosts with 5* reviews.

You simply assumed that I was saying that IB is some evil thing that no one should use, when I never expressed anything like that. I said to resist the coersion techniques, not to refuse to use IB if you want to.

@Hampton was asking about discounts for 2 day days on IB. And got a perfect response on how to do it.

Your circumstance allows you to maintain full control over each and every booking. FYI you most certainly can “force guests to provide ID”, especially if required by insurance which is common.

If some visibility isn’t provided in a mere inquiry so be it. We can ask questions and then take whatever action we wish.

In our case, if we “resisted” IB, we would miss out on thousands of dollars of bookings. Not in our interest. We’re running a business, not playing some game of “resist the man”.

I simply reacted to what you originally wrote, not “some abstract potential of what you might have actually meant by the same blithe comment”.

No, you are the one who abstracted my statement. I said exactly what I meant- to resist coersion. That isn’t in any way the same as saying that hosts should resist using Instant Book. It seems to work for the majority of hosts, so of course it’s great that they can choose that feature. Not giving in to the coersion tactics to use IB, when IB isn’t what a host wants, isn’t “resisting the man” and it isn’t some game. It’s expecting to not be “punished” simply because we have decided that we would like to be able to communicate with a guest before accepting their booking. It’s a matter of respect for our choice.

We don’t have those options available to us under pricing - at least i don’t know how to access them if we do. Here’s a screenshot of what we have available

try enabling professional hosting tools. then it might be there

1 Like

The host in question isn’t “resisting IB at all”. He asked about a discount structure. He is already USING IB and simply wanted to customize it. No big deal.

No one is forcing anyone to use IB. And no one is being “punished”. Respect for our choice? We make whatever choices we want. What drama?

he or she states here:

I read that as Hampton doesn’t use IB and wonders if it’s just an option made available to those who do use it. Muddy is simply agreeing/commiserating and stating her opinion that Airbnb gives IB hosts options that it doesn’t give non-IB hosts in an effort to “coerce” them to sign on to using IB.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Non IB hosts:
Can’t see guest’s star ratings.
Can’t state that guests must have good reviews, recommendations from other hosts or verified ID in order to put in a request.
Are put lower in search rankings than IB hosts who may have lower ratings and worse reviews.

If the tables were turned and those restrictions were put on IB hosts instead of Request to Book hosts, I think you might consider it to be punishment and coersion.

We only see guest info after they have already booked. Big difference. You get to chat back and forth with every potential guest until you decide if they get to book with you.

We don’t get to choose between “new guests” and “guests with only positive reviews”.

IMO, IB hosts deserve a visibility edge to compensate for the lack of control over bookings. It suits our needs, as well as air’s. A logical business decision.

It’s a booking platform. It has features and policies. If you actually feel they are “punishing you” or don’t like their polices, you have choices …

It is what it is. No one is forcing you to use it.