Whoa! Stats now shows what every guest left as an overall rating!

Am I just in a beta test group or something?

Look:

Now I get to confirm that the guests I went above and beyond for were absolutely the least appreciative. NO MORE.

4 Likes

Yupā€¦ I lived and learned that one early on!

2 Likes

This is awesome ! Now I want to go back and confirm if the ones I broke my back for really were the ones that left sh***y reviews.

Seconds thoughts: probably wonā€™t look it will probably depress me .

2 Likes

So unfair that we also donā€™t get to see the stars we left by the guest name.

1 Like

Interesting. Iā€™ve just checked and have to laugh. Iā€™ve had around 20 French guests over the past few months, all of the reviews were fine and only one left some minor negative feedback (mostly about things that arenā€™t included in the listing, sigh). But every single one of them has given me 4 stars. Every. Single. One. I guess the day I get 5 stars from a French guest will be party time!

2 Likes

@Magwitch interesting. I always felt my inexplicable descent from superhost for a year to loads of 4 star reviews and loss of superhost was because of a sudden proliferation of French guests at my listing. I had several superb reviews written in French and suddenly was I overwhelmed.

My overall rating is currently 69% for the year (74% overall) so I doubt Iā€™ll see superhost again before I hang up my London hosting shoes ā€¦

On the French community center all hosts complain about the low ratings left by French guests. I am lucky, for a mysterious reason French almost never book my listing :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just did a review yesterday for a guest who submitted a review the very day of departure. (Turned out to be 5-stars.) For me it is always stressful having to conjure up a review of someone I have not met. This time I decided to do it differently.

I wrote a couple of pleasant but neutral comments because they were okay, just not quite as neat as most, and I skipped all the remaining prompts for the private feedback, star ratings, thumbs up/down, etc. Iā€™m tired of jumping through hoops and figured I said what I had to say and was done with it.

I feel lighter than air and itā€™s going to be my M.O. from now on.

2 Likes

Iā€™m being a little harder on my guests lately. I used to hand out five stars but now, if they leave trash in the room or donā€™t follow the rules, no five stars anymore.

3 Likes

Iā€™m loving the new updates here. You are given similar listings to yours, you can see the stars, itā€™s a lot more clear and a lot more info!

I donā€™t see the stars on my reviews. I have looked under Account --> Reviews, and by Previewing my listing. Where else is there?

2 Likes

I have found it in the Stats tab, which has been redesigned.

1 Like

@smartbnb.io Thank you for the tip, but my stats page remains morosely unchanged. :frowning:

Spoiler alert: the same endpoint now also makes it available for the guests to see the star rating given by hosts.

Funny thing: it looks like old reviews given by hosts donā€™t even contain any record of the rating given to guests. This would be hilarious. If this is correct (meaning: if that is not a glitch, which at the current time would be unlikely), that means Airbnb didnā€™t care about the reviews given by hosts to guests and just left it for a feel-good / vent off vibe.

That, or a lot of people that were guests on Airbnb before 2015 (maybe?) were douchebags with 0 stars (which is not even possible, the lowest grade is one star).

1 Like

Well, if the guestsā€™ stars arenā€™t part of this release, it has lost its value. I mean, it might be nice to know what a potential guests gives as stars, but just as important is what stars they have received. Finding AirBNBā€™s direction strangely unsettling. But the whole world is unsettling these daysā€¦

Darn mine is not broken down by guest with their picture like that. You can only look at each category: Overall, Cleanliness, Accuracy, Value, Communication, Arrival & Location
and see how many are 5*,4*, etc.

I got all 5* and 4* ratings, but I find the breakdown odd.
Overall 19 (5*) 4 (4*)
Cleanliness 23 (5*)
Accuracy 22 (5*) 1 (4*)
Value 21 (5*) 2 (4*)
Communication 23 (5*)
Arrival 23 (5*)
Location 22 (5*) 1 (4*)

How do you rate someone 5* in every category and then give a 4* overall!? ugh. I suppose all 4 of the 4 stars could have been left by different guests, who then decided to rate 4* overall.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had a few of those now. All 5 star by category or maybe one 4, and then a 4 star overall. SMH

1 Like

This reminds me of this awful review, the only 1-star.

The first sentence indeed reads ā€œfirst class hostā€. They hated the place so much they came back a week later. There I explained what they did without knowing. They asked Airbnb repeatedly to change to the 5 stars they intended. What they couldnā€™t give in stars, they gave in tips though :slight_smile: Wish all bad reviews would be the sameā€¦

Was about to say! That review says only nice thingsā€¦ first class host, very welcoming, attention to detail, accurate ā€¦ I could go on!

Since they couldnā€™t update it why not remove it for inaccuracy ?

Because the comment was perfectly accurate: I am a first class host and we had a great time :smiley:
Unfortunately, even if the comment was removed, the grades stay. It didnā€™t have any effect on the business at the time though.