Type of guest to avoid?

i know, it deserves a private forum:). Sigh…sigh…sigh

The dude also while i was away in NY brought home a woman. And he was sneaking her into the house so my husband did not even see her even once, because she was coming very late at night and leaving very early before 6 am. My guests from downstairs heard them doing it ALL night (at his age, they said,hehe).
When i came back, they were shy to tell me, but then they did and they told me she was dressed very provocatively.
Miami girls hardly have any clothes on, so its not a fact that she is a hooker. but a possibilty. I was furious when i heard it. I wrote to him couple of messages saying that its not acceptable and so on, and i would like him to find something more suitable for his single man life. I told him he was heard all over the house. What a dummy!
Then when my husband asked him about the girl, he said he knows her for 5 years. And he wont bring her anymore.

But now he is avoiding me, i think he is afraid of me by now. I am on his case, but what am i supposed to do? To just let it all go and pretend everything is allright? Really, the man has not much brain activity. WHo does things like that at his age (late 40s, early 50s) sneaking a girl into his room and then make all kind of sex noises, hoping we wont hear him??.
I have 3 more weeks with him. But now since he is afraid of me, he sneaks himself into the house, and i dont see him at all. Just hear this horrible nose blows every morning. Like he is permanently sick.
He is also a drinker. The amount of booze he goes through a week is horrendorous. I can judge by bottles in recycling bin, (at least he recycles!!)

2 Likes

I was going to say the same thing.

OMG this is a trigger for me–the nose blowing that sounds like a horn. Why do people do that? Rather WHY do they do it in public places like restaurants? Makes me want to gag when I hear it!

Also, in defense of old guys, I’ve got a 22 year old who is staying for a week and I’m counting the days. He talks in his sleep. Sleeps until noon and is up all night. Left half his laundry undone on top of the machines yesterday and it’s still there. There’s more but I won’t bore you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is this your “shower” man??

Yes, the shower man:joy::):slight_smile:
I am trying to concentrate on his good qualities: he is never home, he is not messy, he pays on time, …he is never home:):slight_smile:

3 Likes

To avoid laundry on top of machines i put laundry baskets in each room. Otherwise dirty clothes will be all over the room and laundry room

1 Like

Great idea. …

Is this the engineer??? Omg, what a nut. Will you put up with him or boot him early? I forgot, is this your laundry guy too?

Just had a couple in their 80’s tell me that when they lay on the couch and look into the bathroom they can see rust under the rim of the toilet. Of course we are in the mountains on well-watet so the 6 month old toilet has rust stains only visible when you lay on the couch…

3 Likes

I’d tell them to close the lid next time. LOL! Honestly, who looks under the toilet while they’re sitting on the couch?

Wow. I just…Are they saying this is a problem? STOP LOOKING AT THE TOILET!

80-year old people. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I see you are in the US, but where are these nit picky guests from? Are they American or some other nationality?

I’m a new US based host, only 15 sets of guests so far. My America guests, both over and under 50, have all been delightful. Clean, quiet, appreciative and all 5 star leavers. My worst guests so far were a young (35) French Canadian couple. Though the husband was over the moon about the free beer I gave them, she had lots of little complaints. She didn’t like our town and thought it was “run down”. No public changing rooms at the beach. A couple moths got in her room through the AC vent. She gave me 5 stars in communication only. All the others were 3 and 4, with a 3 overall.

dear god…

2 Likes

They were two 80 somethings from Florida. With a lot of time to kill apparently. They spent 16 hours a day in this ltitle apt.

awww…gram and gramps.

It does not matter what age group they are as long as they understand the rules clearly and enjoy where they are staying. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the longest thread – ever! I admit to not reading all of the posts so this is probably a reiteration of the above. My place can house up to five people – two bedrooms with queen beds and a convertible sofa that is really only comfortable for one person. Via three bad experiences, I have learned not to accept groups of 20-30 somethings who are not related to each other. In other words, two of the guests need to be married. Otherwise, when the damage happens (and it DOES!), they blame each other and no one takes responsibility. It becomes a huge run-around and Airbnb has a difficult time resolving the issue(s). I’ve had a cigarette burn in my brand new sofa, red wine puke on the carpet (that they tried to clean with a bleach bathroom cleaner – carpet is forever ruined), and five trips to the dumpster of empty beer and liquor cans/bottles (along with cigarette butts in the inside trash and complaints about an “alarm” all night, which turned out to be my refrigerator they left open, probably due to all the alcohol). I also do not allow children – liability concerns and they break things. Non-moving babies are fine, in fact I currently have a family with a three-month old and supplied them with a pack-n-play. I have done third party reservations but the last one was a disaster. I cried when I entered my townhome – it was such a mess and they totally destroyed the screen door to my sliding glass door. I kept their entire damage deposit. That was a personal consultant booking for his rich clients from Mexico, who I am sure were used to having maids. But, other times – when a younger people booked for their relatives that didn’t have a social media account, it was fine. I also don’t accept ANY bookings from anyone asking for a discount. It is always surprising how mad they get when I decline and tell them that my town has MANY beautiful Airbnb places that will better suit their budget. The bargain hunters will always nick you on “value”, no matter what. When they reply to my decline with a nasty gram, I have to bite my lip and not send a response saying, “and you just proved my point”. I recently accepted a booking from a woman who asked for a discount AFTER the booking, saying that September was not a high booking time. I told her that, I am sorry but no, I do not give discounts, and September (and October) are still high booking months because of the fact that my place is in a university town and she booked during a home football game. I offered a full refund, even though I have a strict cancellation policy, but she said that she still wanted to stay at my place. I’ll let you know what kind of review she leaves. I bet she nicks me on “value”!

That hasn’t been my experience at all. I had one couple who were over 50 for sure, who didn’t really get how it works, i.e. they are staying in my home! The guy left me a $^) tip under his plate when they left!

2 Likes

With my today’s experience I will tell: I do not like to get booking inquiries from Super Hosts with asking to break my own rules! It happened 3 times for last 2 month. Super hosts always write very super sweet letters and at the end asking: can I bring a child/a dog/ can I make a party??? In my rules is clear as can be - NO children, No dogs, NO events.

4 Likes