Tuft and Needle is offering Airbnb Super Hosts a FREE any size matress! FOR REAL!

@azreala, My sister from Florida came to NY for the holiday weekend and said the bed was not the most comfortable :slight_smile:

@HelenSpinelli thanks for sending me all the info I needed. @felixcat thanks also for your reply @dcmooney and @konacoconutz thanks for answering my questions and finally thank you to @azreala for sharing this offer in the first place. Mine is on the way and if I like it I will buy a second one for myself. I was skeptical and so waited about a week to ask for information. Sometimes, if it’s too good to be true, it’s just good. LOL.

3 Likes

Awesome! Mine is here and still in the box. It will be another few days before I can inbox it for the great unveiling!

2 Likes

I am so happy for you and also glad it shall improve your Airbnb business. Well I never thought it mattered whether I was a super host or not but this is one perk I am so glad to get.
See ya 'round the forum,
Best,

1 Like

@dcmooney, where are you getting the frame?

Hi Helen!
So, on the Tuft and Needle mattress, you have a bed cover (to protect against bedbugs) AND a Lands End mattress cover over the bedbug protector?

We chose this one from Amazon. There are cheaper ones, but we’ve used them and they break. This one looks sturdy, and for our businesses we can’t risk getting something that will break in the middle of a guest’s stay.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C8PIVKU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the pad that the CS rep at Tuft & Needle recommended
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003PWNH4Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

Dont buy it!!! I have one and it’s complete rubbish. Go to Ikea and get Malm for the same price.

How do you private message in this forum? The messages doesn’t have a send new message button or any of that sort.

I am looking for T and N free mattress contact info please

I’m not experienced using such a forum tool. We are a Superhost couple in Flagstaff and interested in the Tuft & Needle offer. Is this reply the correct way to begin the process to take advantage of this generous offer?

@dcmooney those slats don’t look like they’d be close enough together for a foam mattress. @azreala Which item are you calling rubbish?

Hi Brook - I have a mattress protector that I purchased at Walmart that completely surrounds the mattress like a pillow protector AND the mattress cover from Land’s End. The reason I have the mattress cover is because I really like cotton to sleep on since it breathes and is comfortable - My guests that were here Memorial Day weekend were raving about the bed and mattress - it has been pretty remarkable since I have the mattress since I don’t say anything and the guests are just gushing about how well they have slept.
Best,
Helen

2 Likes

@izze are you a superhost in the United States?

I am. And I have been secretly reading all the threads to date without an account. But free mattress got the best of me and now I have an account.

I figure now that I am exposed, I should continue and see if there is a service of which I can do for others by providing my view as a host.

Btw. That post about not worth being a super host. It’s crossed my mind. And @konacoconutz post about “its 89 dollars a night, what do you expect” made me feel a lot better. It was, a life saver.

1 Like

Why thank you! Glad to know I helped someone with my snarkiness! :wink: Think about all the motel 6 rooms you have paid for in that price range and what you got for the money! Really, what do you expect, LOL. It’s not the damn 4 Seasons. it’s more like the 1 Season. Right? :smile:

Completely agree. Certainly I haven’t hosted for 7 years like yourself. But numerous times where review is perfect. But I get marked for location, cleanliness, communication, etc.

I can’t move my home. I have two dogs, it’s said in my listing numerous times and they only find out when they arrive. We also vacuum every 3 days. And I respond to all messages within 15 mins. Except the hours of 1am to 6am. What more do they want. I have stayed up till 3 am to make sure the guest got here okay for a 1 night stay. Seriously…

I find this forum very supportive, it’s a lot like a AA meeting where we could band together and just ask questions, talk, complain, and if not anything, find a little bit of peace and hope to see a little bit of sunshine.

Like the other old posts was saying, feeling burnt out in being a super host with all those high expectations and reaping just barely any rewards when air wants us to provide so many things on our expense. I find a little bit of comfort that I’m not alone. Surely I told my spouse, if there was anything else I could do to make this money, I would. I’ll lick toilets, sell my body. Anything. I often think of what you said in what you expect for 89 bucks. I also think a lot of the other phrase you mentioned that you look forward to payOUT and checkOUT.

I think I lost what I originally had interest in hosting. For me at first was really fun and meeting lots of great people. But as the reviews came in and more and more perfect reviews, the expectations became a super big baggage as well.

I recently had to deal with a lot of stress. And to be honest, I think I would have given up on this hosting if it wasn’t for this forum and my spouse. So I have to thank @tom for creating such a safe haven for people like me.

In another post, I mentioned I don’t even break 20k in a year when almost fully booked each month. But that 20kish helps saving towards another home, or a car, or kids education. Without air, it wouldn’t be possible. But with air, I feel like I aged a lot from stress.

3 Likes

LOL! Me too… Hosting is hard work! Sometimes I wonder if I could make the same 18k at Target and not have the stress of nit picky guests. Know what I mean?!

Glad to have you here, vent anytime!

If you’ve worked retail you know there is plenty of stress at Target. 40 hours a week, 50 weeks a year at ??? …are you really putting in that many hours on your ABB listing?

Certainly I wouldn’t make 18k at Target with the same amount of time vested. And not putting that amount of time into the listing. Not even close.

But with the average minimim pay of 13 bucks an hour and working on weekends. Less having to bend over backwards to please people for every little thing like a 5 star hotel. And if the target customer gets a complaint to manager. The manager is probably some early 20 kid that knows no better than to apologize for everything. It would still be less stress than air. But wouldn’t make as much.

I’ll leave this here. “It’s target. What do you expect” :slight_smile:

1 Like