Tuft and Needle is offering Airbnb Super Hosts a FREE any size matress! FOR REAL!

Hey everyone, I answered a notice from this forum (Thanks Azreala) and just received a confirming email from Tuft and Needle for a free mattress - please private message me if you are interested and this is really exciting since my neighbor recently purchased a T & N matress and loves it. Thanks and there are not expectations from Tuft and Needle except the you refer other Super Hosts.

4 Likes

Maybe we donā€™t need three threads saying the same thing though?

2 Likes

Ok here is the deal though - we also need to complete our obligation to the company and I will say that I missed the other notification - if you are not interested fine but in deference to those who may have missed the other notifications, I request a wee bit of tolerance.
Best,

3 Likes

i appreciate that youā€™re trying to do a nice thing, but if you reply to one of the other threads it will come to the top of the page and be as visible as this one.

I applied to T&N too, and if I receive a mattress Iā€™ll be sure to bump the initia post.

1 Like

Bingo!

1 Like

The promotion seems a bit bizarre to begin with. It would make more sense for them to have you display an advertisement on the nightstand beside the bed with the mattress than to have hosts direct ads toward other hosts.

1 Like

We just got confirmation from Jordan at T&N and weā€™re receiving a free queen mattress next week! We were recently researching mattresses on consumerreports.org and saw the T&N mattress (BTW: great ratings for the price), then thought weā€™d visit this forum to see what other hosts might recommendā€¦ We are so absolutely glad we saw this postā€¦ thatā€™s $600 thatā€™s staying in our pocket! Thank you AirHostsForum! So, repeated or not, it was of great value to us! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

After much discussion with T & N, Iā€™ve decided not to apply for free matress. By the time you put a waterproof mattress cover on it, I just donā€™t think itā€™s going to be any more comfortable than a regular matress. Those foam mattresses are basically a sponge (per T&N), so cleaning them is not an option in any way.
Iā€™ll stick with my matress that if totally needed, I can clean with various methods, including but not limited to vacuuming, scrubbing with peroxide mixed with water and/or baking soda, lemon water, diluted bleach, and putting out in sun, or any other cleaning method.

2 Likes

@cindiksherman THANKS for posting this since I felt the same way when I saw Azrealaā€™s post and wanted to share - it is very much an incredible promotion and since I recently replaced our other mattress in our apartment (we have two queen sized beds) this is such a financial break. BTW my other mattress is a foam one and I have a protective mattress pad that I ordered from Lands End which is also very comfortable. Anyway it may not work for everyone but it did for me. Best:slight_smile:

@HelenSpinelli and @Lucy_R I wish there was a way to combine all the ā€˜free mattressā€™ posts into one. Since now we have 3 and it seems redundant. I am more than happy to delete my original thread and this can become the de facto thread.

As for our ā€˜obligationā€™ to T and N, thats the entire point of the promo is that there is NO obligation, but just to share with other hosts. I know the company is not tracking how many referrals anyone generates or is anyone rewarded based on referrals

1 Like

It rocksā€¦ Who cares if there are three threads. They even sent me a free mattress to Hawaii. For real!

9 Likes

I told you they ROCKED!!

3 Likes

Itā€™s neat, and Iā€™m getting one, but I really donā€™t understand the logic behind the programā€¦ Anyone?

1 Like

Itā€™s probably a promotion with a set budgetā€¦

Maybe they have some seconds that they canā€™t sell? So itā€™s only the cost of the delivery.

This is pure speculation of courseā€¦

If it was a promotion, why didnā€™t they ask us to share on FB?

1 Like

I have said this beforeā€¦but my feeling is they are trying to run a similar promo that Starwood has done with Westin, Sheraton, and W with the ā€˜Sweet Sleeperā€™ mattresses. They want guests to actual sleep on the mattresses in hostā€™s home, then ask the host ā€˜What was that amazinh bed?!ā€™ The host tells them and Tuft and Needle gets a sale.

3 Likes

@konacoconutz Thanks and I agree since I missed the first few posts - received shipping confirmation today and am thrilled since I was about to buy a new queen sized mattress. BTW I have received four requests for information which I consider proof that others missed the initial notice! This offer does ROCK!

3 Likes

I have offered to write: ā€œMattress sponsored by Tuft & Needle,ā€ or other similar language on my listingā€¦or play up mattress quality in my listing. He considers it fine but not obligatory. I am trying to find more superhosts to refer to! That is all they are asking!

Iā€™m still trying to figure this promotion out. It must be a set budgetā€¦ they canā€™t go too long with giving away mattressesā€¦AND shipping?

1 Like

Iā€™m not quite a superhost ā€“ close but not quite there yet and Tuft & Needle is sending me a queensized mattressā€¦ it come in on Monday. So, donā€™t be afraid to ask if you have good reviews and youā€™re almost there!

3 Likes

Are you able to take a photo of it and post it on here when it arrives to show anyone that may be interested but isnā€™t sure?

@konacoconutz @cindiksherman @azreala

2 Likes

So very glad to hear this, congratulations!
Best,
Helen

2 Likes