Show off your Airbnb listing!

Lugano (Italian pronunciation: [luˈɡaːno]) is a city in southern Switzerland, in the Italian-speaking canton of Ticino, which borders Italy. The city lies on Lake Lugano, surrounded by the mountains of the Lugano Prealps. Its warm summers and the fact that in recent years it has attracted an ever growing number of celebrities, entertainers, and successful athletes have given it the nickname of the “Monte Carlo of Switzerland”

Comfortable small apartment, close to the station of Lugano and to the city center. Fully furnished, with a nice view to the lake.

1 Like

Hi Kelly

I stayed on the edge of the quarter, in a 1-bedroom apartment hosted by Hosteeva. If you google them you’ll see they’re on many other sites, with plenty of reviews, but here is their Airbnb profile:

And here’s the map of the location I was in (N Peters St):

It was a fantastic location and, despite some hideously noisy reno that was going on behind the building (no fault of theirs and likely all done by now), it was quiet.

Just a warning if you do try them… ask them if the keycode system for the apartment door is now working properly. Tons of people said they had problems (as did I) and I’d hope it was resolved by now (6 months later). They resolved it instantly with a quick call though, so no complaints with the issue resolution!

Good luck!

Andy

1 Like

Wow! Adorable! May I suggest that you put the photo of the balcony/view first so that it shows up at the top of your listing? The view is tremendous!!

1 Like

If anybody wants to visit Dubai / United Arab Emirates, this is the place to stay:

It is located in Jumeirah Lake Towers (JLT) area, with a beautiful view of the surrounding lakes and the Dubai Marina skyscrapers. Marina is in walking distance, 9 min. walk to metro and tram station, free parking. Ideal for holidays because you can take the tram or the metro to all the sites, attractions (Burj Khalifa (tallest building in the world), Dubai Mall (largest mall of the world), plenty of other malls, ‘Old Dubai’ etc.) and the airport. Also ideal for business trips, there is a printer/scanner/copier (free use) and a USB mouse and a USB keyboard.

3 Likes

thanks dcmooney :slight_smile:
It make sense, if not first i should put it as second

That looks great! Thank you so much! I saved them to my wishlist for our trip, when we book.

1 Like

Nym,

You have beautiful views! as a OCD person I love the white because I can see the tinest dirt or hair but I feel sorry for cleaner or yourself. I feel every time I clean my place for each guest that my white floors in the bedroom drive me nuts because I can never feel comfortable and that is with me with a do rag on my head to not let any of MY own hair fall and I search every inch with a lint roller After three vacuums and three mops.

1 Like

yes, cleaning is always a problem. However the floor has tiny little dark dots and this help in hiding the dust :slight_smile:

i have a condo in St Croix USVI.

1 Like

Hi fellow hosts from Down Under.
I’m a SH here in a year round resort with gorgeous beaches all round, loads of great hiking in national parks, mountains nearby and the chance to see lots of typical Aussie critters - even in my own garden! Love hosting anyone. I have two listings, a room in my house and a new studio apt I just built in my garden:

I’m a nomadic traveller myself so hope to See you soon!

1 Like

I’m in the Adirondack region of upstate New York. I have mine listed two ways, need to take new photos as I’ve cleaned up the living room quite a bit (gotten rid of things and have new couch). I rarely rent out the whole house anymore (the second listing), I have it priced high enough (considering the area I live in) that I never get requests :slight_smile:

We are in Bend, Oregon and have been active since August 2015. Have had nothing but great guests and overall the experience has been very positive! Our city required permits and licensing to be ‘legal’.

We registered a domain name which forwards to our listing. We printed out business cards with the domain name on them so people can have a reminder of our space.

Here is my place south of Houston off the bay. I am uploading new images right now.

@simunlastre Yes. It is on my wishlist. Can I offer one suggestion. Don’t like the fish eye lens photo of the room entrance. You have other photos of the same room so it isn’t necessary. A really minor point but it does look a little weird. All the verified photos are generally shot with a very wide angle lens which doesn’t distort. Once you get into the fisheye lens, the distortion is very off putting. I got the feeling the room is very small and this is perhaps why you needed the fisheye lens. The other shots of the room are fine.

Please note that this is a very minor point but perhaps something you can discuss with others?

Love Croatia. Hired a Smart Car a few years back and drove the length of the country over a couple of weeks. Definitely want to go back.

Hi David

Like your idea about the domain name. We did something similar - still a work in progress. Built a website but the booking button takes them straight to our listing on AirBnB.

I think it is important to have your own website. You can market it as well as your AirBnB listing. Also a good place for blog posts and the like. I have found that many people are still not 100% sure what AirBnB is about and whether it would suit them. If you have your own website, you can dispel many of these concerns and they will feel far more confident when they go to book via your AirBnB link. Will post a link of our website when I have finished the basics.

2 Likes

Hi There,here is our listing in Melbourne Australia.

1 Like

Hi guys. From Nelligen on the NSW south coast. Just up the road from you…:wink:

From your reviews, well and truly sounds like you deserve your superhost status.

Particularly like your “Note to Prospective Guests” in your listing description. Excellent way to put it it and** I encourage others on this forum to check it out.** A nice way to request more information about your guests. I also notice that you have instant booking. So it looks like you still ask nicely for more information about your guests after they book. Or do you allow instant bookings with the prospective guests not necessarily having previous positive reviews from other hosts?

Hi Clyde. IB guests must have positive reviews. Having said that we are a real presence in our home and we only take one guest. Most people realise that they need to behave and be respectful.

The first placed I moved to when leaving home was Indian Lake! Climbed Snowy Mountain the first time when I was about 4. Hope to see you someday!!

1 Like

I’m closer to LG, but I do make a trip up to Indian Lake at least once each summer season!