Show off your Airbnb listing!

The Lake District is absolutely wonderful!

1 Like

^^^ @Caiti - “I like the fact that people feel we’re under-promising, and over-delivering.” I love when just about every guest arrives and says “This is better than we expected”. What I do is keep improving my place by adding new features, and NOT update the pictures immediately showing the improvements. Best to let them be pleasantly surprised.

2 Likes

@jaquo It is indeed :slight_smile:
But very expensive to stay right in one of the villages/towns. We love Lancaster as it is so close by for regular trips, still handy for Manchester, and has its own beautiful countryside which is less well known and therefore less crowded 
 Oh, and we have a castle. A big one :wink:. Hope to see you here some time! @dcmooney - yes, I wondered whether that quote might suggest we were miles away
:wink:
but no, I of course mean it in the Austen sense, of transporting us to delight 
 quite appropriate in that sense. Don’t you just love the nuances of English?!

1 Like

@Mearns Absolutely :blush: It’s a good strategy
if you’re getting enough bookings, the photos are doing their job, and the surprise when things are even ‘better’ boosts people’s satisfaction. It backfired (only slightly) once when someone with a rather literal approach to providing feedback gave only four stars for ‘accuracy’ because the “the photos don’t do it justice and it’s bigger than it looks on the listing, and there are new and nicer soft furnishings” . It was hard to be cross
! just a little frustrating as it took a small while for my ‘accuracy’ rating to recover!! I still think it a good strategy though.

That person has an odd mind, for Accuracy is surely there as an opportunity to give an opinion on whether a place ‘at least’ matched what was presented or expected, not whether it did so exactly; which of course, is impossible to predict how photographs and an individual’s imagination will match.

Here is ours from downunder

We just had out 100 review on Airbnb. We have been offering out guest room since 2013. It’s been really fun and we have met so many interesting people. https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/1604069

1 Like

Congratulations on your 100! You summed up AirBnB nicely - lots of fun and interesting people. This rather than the $$$$ is probably why you have had 100 reviews. (not to mention a fantastic looking cottage!)

2 Likes

And 101 now! Congratulations - beautiful place!

Happy Helllo from Riga Latvia :wink:

I have big passion for travelling and I love Airbnb!!! Hotel don’t have a should. I love to meet new welcoming and amazing people. I have been using Airbnb as a guest and I really really love it.
I have a lovely apartment and it’s always empty because I travel a lot for my work and in my free time too. I decide to become an Airbnb host.

Riga is always a good idea!!! :wink: Let me know if you decide to visit my lovely country and I’ll be happy to welcome you and show the best of the best of Riga Latvia!!! :wink:

P.S. Here are my lovely Airbnb listings :wink:

I wish all Wonderful Airbnb hosts lots of fun and many happy guests!!! :wink:

Kind Regards,

Liga from Riga :wink:

4 Likes

I like your quirky and super cute place! Me and hubby would love a stay in a place like this. One day we will make it to visit down under Australia.

@Clyde

WOW! I am saving your place for a wish list, how beautiful. We can’t wait til we retire and get to stay at all these wonderful places. Hubby is in the peak of his career government wise and well we have another 12 years for him, me about another 15 but at least I work from the internet and of course Airbnb so I am flexible as long as I have high speed wifi.

@SunshineLiga
cute rooms, I now have to see what there is to see in your location that is the hidden tourist gem that normal Americans haven’t found yet.

1 Like

I also got the best of vibes from Clyde’s place.

Thank you Carmen :wink:

America is the best!!! I love it!!! I lived in California San Diego for a while. But sometimes it feels too big and you want back to sweet little Europe where everything is more peaceful & easy. 1 or 2 our flight & you can be anywhere - Paris, Milan, Barcelona, Monte Carlo & so on.
Lately I live more in Italy but I love to visit my darling Riga for weekends. My Italian friends loves Riga more than Paris. They say Paris is too much touristic & crowded nowadays. Riga still got the soul and the magic.
My darling Riga, Latvia is not so big like famous America but it’s pretty amazing. We have very colourful history, magnificent architecture, pure nature, beautiful culture and wonderful people. Riga is perfect for romantic and relaxing holidays.

Have a wonderful day & let me know if you decide to visit my wonderful Riga, Latvia sometime :wink:

Kind Regards,

Liga

2 Likes

Thanks so much Carmen. A great point you raised. I am focusing too much on the actual accommodation rather than the area - which is also exceptional! Think rivers, lakes, beaches, National Parks and wildlife. Will work on this to amend my listing. Have been in the area for 13 years - mostly operating a Holiday Park nearby. Surprisingly, during that time, very very few Americans. Mostly German, French, Dutch - actually from all over the world - but Americans tend to go North of Sydney.

Seriously, why are you waiting for retirement? Take every opportunity NOW to get out and about. With cheap airfares and airbnb, the world has become so much more accessible.

Hope to see you sooner than later.:slightly_smiling:

Hello Liga
Riga sounds amazing! Agree that Paris is beautiful but very touristy. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I personally prefer getting off the main trails when possible. Love the Eastern European countries and even got to visit Albania.

Have now put Riga, Latvia on my travel to do list!

Regards, Clyde (Peter)

1 Like

Hello Clyde,

Riga is always a good idea & Paris too!!! :wink: Easter Europe is so gorgeous. I love to visit little countries and definitely it’s always more exacting to get of the main trails. I love to see the real colours of the place and meet local people.
Riga, Latvia definitely is worth to add the list. Everyone who comes to visit me simply falls in love with Riga and want to come back.

By the way your place looks so wonderful!!! Australia is on my list too. There is so many amazing places in this wonderful world and I would love to see as many as possible :wink:

Happy and Sunny Regards,

Liga from Riga

1 Like

here is mine in Croatia - Rovinj:

Hope you like it :slight_smile:
Houpe you add it to your airbnb wishlist, would be soo nice

2 Likes

We love NOLA, where did you stay? We are planning a trip there this year. =)