Guest having loud sex in the bathroom - update: now threatening to sue

That’s probably why she has grounds to get your review removed. True, she can’t prove otherwise but your review should be factual and not state your suspicions as facts. But that’s probably as far as it will go. The suing threats make her seem like a complete nutjob.

1 Like

I take responsibility for that phrase!! It just refers to the other guest. They may have only identified him by first name.
I’m not like some here who require guests to show ID at the door, however, even the smallest, most family run inn or boutique I have stayed at has required me to show ID at the door.

This guest should have showed the young guy’s ID to you so you can be sure.

While it might be highly annoying to feel like you’re capitulating to her threats, I would remove the part of the review that states that she brought home a stranger, since this is only a supposition, and something she already explicitly countered prior to checking out.

Makes sense. I would remove anything she may be vindictive about. You just don’t know what sets someone over the edge of “crazy.” She could already be a suicidal person and now your review sets her over the edge.

I am not saying to “give into her” but just think about how you can calm her nerves and at the same time make her go away. Airbnb should allow you to adjust your review and at the same time you can tell her you adjusted it and still walk away with how you did her a favor.

I can guarantee you she learned her lesson for other future hosts. You don’t want to be involved with a crazy and best to walk away, and at the same time express it that you are doing her a one time favor…and she should never contact YOU again!! Spin it back on her. Funny how she keeps threatening that…just threaten it right back - you will be speaking on her childhood level and she will understand.

1 Like

Just a thought - some people really can look much younger than they really are. (I’m thinking about the boyfriend here). I lived next door to a Japanese man for ages and I assumed when I first met him that he was a teenager. Over the years I knew him I’d never have put him at over twenty five. Eventually he showed me his passport and he was over forty!

Lucky bugger :slight_smile:

Tuck your head and remove the review. You were a fool for posting it. If you have something disputable to reveal to other hosts, feel free to leave a note in your review to contact you for further details.

(Not legal advice, but a friendly opinion.)

5 Likes

I agree with you both. It is unfair to state her action as fact when in fact it is my strong suspicion. When I talk to Air tomorrow I will ask them if I could modify her review to specify that I believe she brought home a stranger. I would not change the rest though. At least not for the better.

Sure they can. But you must admit that it is very unlikely to look half one’s age. It is almost impossible to look 10 when you are in fact 20, or 40 if you are close to 80, or in this case 20 when you are actually 40.

1 Like

The thing I’m not sure of in this review is how helpful it is to other hosts. Which is what guest reviews are for, after all.

We have a separate apartment so bringing in a stranger wouldn’t bother me. That she 'acted inappropriately in shared areas also wouldn’t bother me (because we don’t have any). So to not recommend her as a guest without going into details seems a bit strange?

The only reason I wanted to post a review is to warn others.
What would you think is prudent to include in her review?

1 Like

Did you see my response earlier? With some individuals you need to handle them differently. I hope you find my advice beneficial.

Well not everyone has separate suites like you and I do. Some who share homes would want to know about her behavior. Would you honestly want to host her? I wouldn’t!

To the OP, possible review could be: She was a difficult guest who behaved inappropriately in common shared areas and didn’t communicate well, which made us uncomfortable.

Regarding the army guy or young guy… I suppose you should not assume facts that are not in evidence.

What I would do is contact Air, have them remove the assumptive part you wrote but let your honest experience of her stand. You can’t make assumptions or post hearsay in a review. If you really were not sure about which guy it was, you can’t make an assumption.

Just ask to edit the review.

Then if she tries her lawsuit she won’t have a leg to stand on.

2 Likes

I agree and it was wise of you to do so. However, her behaviour, although weird in the extreme, might not deter other hosts who rent separate spaces. I would have been more inclined to write ‘I cannot recommend X as a guest in a home sharing situation’.

To be honest, once guests arrive in our rental I don’t care what they do as long as they are quiet, legal and leave the place in great condition. :slight_smile:

I did see your post @cabinhost, but I really don’t know if we are dealing with the “crazy” here. I think she is just a bully who wants to get her way. And the part where she repeatedly tells me to “leave her alone” or “not contact her again” is I think her way of making it seem as if I am harassing her, while I have had no contact with her outside of Air.

2 Likes

The woman’s behavior was inappropriate regardless of partner. Review could have easily let your fellow hosts know what kind of behavior she thinks is ok in a shared apartment without commenting on her relationship with him. I want to know what the behavior was so take out that it was a stranger and put in that she had loud sex with her partner that you could hear both in her room and in the shared bathroom.

He was a stranger to you in any case so I don’t see why that particularly mattered.

I have missed you @felixcat.

2 Likes

Felix it’s so nice to see you! I hope you will stick around! :hugs::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I would never go into specifics if I was not recommending a Guest, a big thumbs down and better suited to a Hotel would be sufficient.

Hopefully lesson learnt.

No, too general. Specifics are what help us hosts make informed decisions.

I am glad some previous host wrote:

“Irina smoked in the apartment and was asked to leave.”

Otherwise I would have had Irina and her smoke in my house!

2 Likes

She won"t rent separate space as she obviously wanted to save money and rent just a room. I also dont care what my guests do in my pool house since i am not there and i can not control them bringing strangers, and i agree as long as they dont disturb neighbors and dont trash my house and dont do anything illegal then the rest is fine.

But in my house with private rooms i would definitely care. The woman was weird from the beginning, this time it was sex in a shared bathroom, next time it will be something else. I noticed the pattern, that if a guest starts doing something wrong , a long chain of other things follow.

3 Likes

I thought I was the only one who noticed that! It’s true isn’t it!!!

1 Like

Crazy Mike had few bad reviews and not one host described what exactly he did but me. One said: i dont like to write negative reviews about my guests, but all i can sau it was not a good experience. Another said, that Mike was sneaky and came back for croissants. I am sure there was more to it , but the host decided not to go into detailes.

3 Likes