Guest asking me for my surname to put on visa application form

Just had an enquiry, with a guest asking me for my surname to put on her visa application form. I don’t feel comfortable with that. She also wanted more dates, which werent available, but said she has made payment already. I havent received any confirmation email from air to say its officially booked. When I looked at the calendar it says shes verifying ID, so now I cant block off. I could decline, I guess, but will this not put my stats down?

Yikes, no reason to give out your name like that? Sounds like she is trying to make a case that you are a friend or something. I would decline!

1 Like

I know Kona, way to dodgy!! :confounded:
How many bookings can you decline before stats go down? I have never declined before…

I think it has to be a lot, so you should decline the dodgy inquiry.

3 Likes

I decline fairly often for solid reasons, air asks you the reason. My stats seem fine.

4 Likes

Thanks guys. I’ve declined. But I cant block of any of the dates she requested as pending verification which is annoying. I take it other guests can still book it?

Grrrrr I declined that booking, but now I have just received an email to say shes booked!! How could that happen???

Might have happened in midair! Call Air and say you want to decline!!!

1 Like

Aghhhhhh :cry: :tired_face:

Maybe she’ll be okay. Did you look at her profile? Sometimes new people find the process a bit confusing.

2 Likes

Visas do ask for the names and addresses of the people you are staying with. Nothing strange about that.

4 Likes

This is strange and I’d like to know the answer.

Maybe… She opened an account in Dec, but no reviews and only verified Id’s today…I rang air, they dont know how booking went through when I had declined.
It wasnt just the problem of getting my name for the visa form, it was also because she had asked for a mountain of other dates which were not available. She wanted to stay for over a week. My max is 4 days.

I might be in the minority here, but I don’t see anything strange about this. The visa form probably just wants the name of the person she is staying with. Why not ask her what she specifically needs your full name for?

Personally, I’m all in favor of paranoia, especially when it comes to strangers, but sometimes one needs to dial it back. Does anything about her seem suspicious other than her asking for your full name?

3 Likes

I had to have a reference from someone in Australia when I got my 4 year visa there. Its only people you actually know, not some Airbnb host you might happen to be staying with for a bit.

Do not let them use you.

3 Likes

That’s what I think. It would be different if I was a friend.

1 Like

Now she’s asking what happened with the money difference, whatever that means! I always get these silly questions when I’m hungover ! lol:sob:

1 Like

But it’s my right to decline. It’s different if it’s a hotel etc. But to me that’s too personal asking for my full name and number like that. I dont want to get involved with all that stuff with guests.

2 Likes

It certainly is your right to decline and now you should be able to cancel without penalty since you declined her anyway. All I’m saying is that there is nothing weird about her wanting your last name.

Are we talking about a visitor visa or a long term visa. If long term the answer definitely should be no! It could be different elsewhere but I do remember being asked where I was staying when I entered the countries of Japan and Korea. But they weren’t strict. it could be general… Something like Tokoyo Inn, Tachikawa was fine.

1 Like