Buying an electric kettle

It is great electric kettle.

who ever invented the electric kettle should quite honestly receive a noble prize

3 Likes

When I went into the rental this morning after the guests had left I noticed that they had put the coffee machine away in a cupboard and put the electric kettle in its place - prominently on the worktop. And they were an older American couple. So it’s not just we ‘weird’ Europeans who appreciate an electric kettle, :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah that’s awesome to hear - electric kettle lovers unite!

1 Like

Absolutely! I feel like starting a campaign! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This thread again…can’t we talk dirty instead? AW, yeah, DUVETS, DUVETS, DUVETS!
edit: This joke is for @jaquo

3 Likes

And I appreciate it! :slight_smile:

I believe that my AirBNB next weekend doesn’t have either a kettle or a coffee maker. Personally, I think this should be illegal!!! I am bringing my hand held Melitta. A waste of precious suitcase space.

Is this an entire place or private room? I don’t have a kettle of coffee maker in the guest room. I’ve considered putting the kettle, some cups, and a basket of instant coffee and teas. I’m just dreading the person that spills their cup of coffee on the bedcovers and rug. At $39-49 a night it doesn’t seem worth it. It obviously doesn’t keep people from booking!

This is an entire apartment. Only reason I know that there are these missing items is reviewers have mentioned the inability to make a darn cup of coffee! So, I will bring our house blend, already ground, and my melitta hand held and make myself a cup first thing in the AM.

Unacceptable for an entire place. But you booked anyway. From the guest perspective can you share why?

1 Like

Well, it was a new listing and it never occurred to me that there was no coffee maker. But now that the reviews are coming in, it might be an unpleasant stay.

“This is a great location - a short walk to the beach and to Los Olas Blvd. The apartment is clean and quiet and true to the pics. However, the amenities are sorely lacking. You get 1 towel and 1 roll of toilet paper per guest. The cupboards are bare. There are none of the normal amenities you typically see at an airbnb (no shampoo, conditioner, soap, hair dryer, no local tourist info, a tiny computer monitor for a TV, only basic cable, no paper towels, no dish towels -literally nothing). If I had to do it over I would have booked at a hotel since I had to spend a fortune to buy all the things that should have been provided. I messages the host for extra towels, toilet paper, hair dryer, and beach towels and was told no.”

To be honest, I chose this place because of the location. The price was that famous “starter” price that many hosts give for a week or two. And, I decided to travel fairly last minute for a popular destination and there were not endless options. I am ready to be disappointed. I am only staying two nights, so I am sure we can manage.

1 Like

Here you would have had our posh Bosch coffee machine (coffee provided but admittedly it’s so complicated that even I have to use the manual to make a single cup), an electric kettle (and proper china teapot) plus a cafetiere to use the ground coffee of your choice. :wink:

p.s. I see that she has removed Essentials and CableTV from the listing details now. She has also removed the pool, but I can’t imagine it has been filled in during the past two weeks. She has a number of other listings so she is not a new host.

@jaquo. Yes, but you were booked now, weren’t you!

1 Like

True - but I would have loved you to stay with us! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I promise you, the location is fabulous!

That’s also unacceptable. I had one night guests last night who asked to use the laundry facilities. I realized I still had washer and drying checkmarked and was going to be here all evening so I said ok. I removed the checkmarks. You can’t change the rules in the middle of the game!

Read the terms. Not providing promised amenities is grounds for a refund. I would protest. Not everyone cares about tv but that is not the point. If you booked it, thinking you were getting certain things and they were pulled from you that’s wrong.

3 Likes

Just out of curiosity; those of you who want TV in a rental, what do you expect? I have a regular guest who has been pestering me to get Cable TV. She’s also pestering me to lower my price to $40.00 per night. I told her that if I got basic Cable TV guests might complain that I didn’t have sports channels, HBO, Showtime, etc. and that to satisfy everyone I would have to spend a fortune. I’ve never had Cable TV so I don’t really know what people expect.