Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Your Most Bizarre Requests

So, we’ve all had them. What is the most bizarre request you have received, either in an inquiry or during a stay?

I’m in Hawaii, as you know. With a year-round average temperature of 80 degrees. I once had a guest check in and ask “What!! You don’t have a heater in the room?!!” (It happened to be the Jennifer guest from hell whom I’ve discussed ad infititum on these pages…worst guest ever. Actually pictured visions of myself getting a bad review because there was not heating in the tropics.)

I run a luxury apartment and it’s priced accordingly. It clearly states everywhere that it’s high end. People are happy paying the rates and enjoy staying there. But once I got this enquiry from a backpacker. Super friendly but wanted to stay "in a bit of luxury as we have been schlepping it all 'round the world - so could we stay in your apartment for, say, $50 a night "? Laughed hard at that one. Rates at the time were $450 :slight_smile:

1 Like
Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!