Young renter with a bruised ego leaves a low score

New word for me… thank you
And yes such a simple lock. Beautiful knob too.

1 Like

ok, but I meant it is clear that you understand that the door is closed.
Turning left-right does not always guarantee that you closed the door… if you accidentally did not make a complete turn with a handle, for example.

I’m shocked they actually would tell you that… I wonder what buzzwords you said that made them disclose that information. I could never get them to tell me anything. All they would ever tell me is “I can see their review and it doesn’t violate anything. So it will not be removed.” Obviously I can’t argue with that since I couldn’t even see it until much later… Then it’s harder to fight since it’s already denoted that they said it doesn’t violate anything…

Wait, WHAT? You are kidding right?

No clue what you mean. No matter what type of lock you have, you have to close the door.

4 Likes

I think it depends on who you get. Some CS have looser lips than others. I have had them tell me the rating before too. One time it was good (5-Stars) and the issue was that the review had not posted for some reason, some kind of technical glitch. She said, “They gave you 5-stars, I can see why you’d want it to post”. The other time it was a retaliatory review that was never going to be posted (review extortion) but the CS was like, “whoa, they really did it up in the review but still gave 3 stars” and “hahaha, this is one of the best I’ve seen”, that kind of stuff. He really carried on about it as it seems he was truly amused.

2 Likes

Morticed? Didn’t know it was called that, good to know!! Thank goodness someone understands how involved it is to change 1930’s doorknob, I would’ve never believed it if I hadn’t watched my McGyver husband do it on three doors in this house. The mechanism inside the door is the size of a small iphone, that must be removed requiring it to be back filled, then sanded and painted. Trying to maintain as much of the original parts as possible so I would never remove a beautiful doorknob that locks and is in perfect working condition. I bend over backwards for my guests, responding immediately to any questions or needs. I have some limits and this just struck me the wrong way that morning. YES!!–I would handle it differently today. You all have given me advice that is invaluable in this industry. I appreciate your candor, humor and honesty.

3 Likes

Exactly! Removing a functional, beautiful, original bit of hardware in a home that is nearly 100 years old would be a terrible thing to do!

4 Likes

I love you and want to be more like you here!

I am in the same boat. A guest says I yelled at her, which I did not. Not only that but I have a witness who swears I never yelled but Airbnb seems to respect her word more than mine. That hurts as I have been an Airbnb hostess for over seven years and for a guest who is a liar I am removed from the list.
The guest also said she was informing Airbnb of her return to my house for three nights. She never advised Airbnb and I was never paid.
As far as I can see, Airbnb is ignoring my side of the story and has blacklisted me. I think this totally unfair. How can one receive help in matters like these?

Do you mean your listing was removed?

I mean that my understanding is that my apartment room is no longer being advertised for an emotional ill mannered “guest” who lied stating that I raised my voice.

I have a witness that that is not true. She has no witnesses.

Further, she stayed three nights longer that what she reported to Airbnb. She said she would inform Airbnb of this but obviously has not as I have not been paid.

As a hostess of seven years in Airbnb, I am very hurt that my name is tarnished because of an hysterical liar and a cheat.

Susan

@ happilytorn ok, no problem, let the truth be on your side.