You might be a bad host if

I too placed a tea kettle at my rental. I don’t drink tea but from this forum I learned that tea drinkers don’t like the microwave to boil water.

1 Like

Hahah! I just had this conversation with my 30 year old son, he is in the process of listing his 2nd property (a very small guest house) he is listing it to accommodate up to 4 guests, which i think is too many, its about 400 sq feet. he has a twin over queen bunk bed in the bedroom and a sleeper sofa in the livingroom, but seating for only 3, really because that is what fits… I told him you can’t offer a property for 4 and only have seating for 3, it doesn’t make sense, he disagreed with me, but I noticed he did bring in a very nice folding chair that he hung on hooks on the wall, it is actually much to my surprise padded and pretty comfortable, who says they don’t listen to mom. But i totally agree, we have had properties that did not have space for 2 bedside tables, so I had my husband cut a shelf to size and mounted it along side the bed on both sides, it was small but very cute.

3 Likes

Yes, we have three covered areas that our guests are welcome to use.

Oops…you’re correct, it’s not just old(er) people who have them. Kisses to make up. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

There’s a product that’s produced in your neck of the woods, in GA, called Mosquito Curtains. I did the measure and install by myself and used the ones that hang on a track. They can be taken down and vinyl panels put up on the same tracks for nearly year round use of an outdoor space in a temperate zone. Compared to a permanent screened in porch they are an excellent value. It’s one of the best purchases I’ve made for my outdoor space. www.mosquitocurtains.com

2 Likes

“Right” is anticipating as many different kinds of needs/preferences, and doing your practical best to cover as many bases as possible.

1 Like

Ha, I have those 3-fer cables on my nightstands too! I also have a rechargeable (mini-usb) little personal LED book clip-on lamp that is stuck to the headboard, along with lights on either side and … here’s the best part … a remote light switch on the nightstand that TURNS ON THE HALLWAY AND BATHROOM LIGHTS from the bed :smile: courtesy my Mom who has mobility issues and always tended to get dizzy in the dark and fall over (she uses a wheelchair now) … the hallway also has a row motion detector lights that come on in the dark just in case. All of these little improvements came from guests I pried suggestions out of, and from staying in my listing myself, which I recommend every host does.

4 Likes