Yet another virus post!

First COVID-19 related cancellation for our Airbnb. University of New Mexico student was to come for a week-long rotation at the local hospital. The University put my state on a do-not-travel list for university sponsored program travel. sigh Next booking isn’t until April 3. Looks like I’m going to have plenty of time to do the research I’ve been putting off and do spring cleaning.

1 Like

Did we really need “yet another”?

1 Like

We moderators have discussed if we should try to pin a thread at the top or in any way merge CV posts. However, for the time being we’ve opted to let people post as they see fit and see how it goes.

Speaking for myself I’m hoping the forum can be welcoming and a place when hosts can vent to others who understand and are potentially in the same boat. It would be nice if people could set aside their need to be snarky or to be “right” a bit for awhile.

5 Likes

I will do my part.

RR

This is so unfortunate for all the hosts.
I haven’t had any cancellations yet here in California.
We have a regular traveling nurse that told us he’s getting lots of overtime so his stays have increased.
Hopefully this situation will improve and we can all get back to business.

I’d considered listing my space on traveling nurse sites in case there is a dramatic slowdown here. But then I got a booking for the end of April. I’ve now blocked May forward for a few days while I wait for more clarity. I really don’t want a long term booking but I don’t want a loss of income either. :wink:

2 Likes

We thought about booking another nurse for the next several months, but I honestly don’t want someone staying here who works in a hospital. I’m afraid of hospitals (because of the danger of infection) under regular circumstances. The current situation makes that even more frightening for me.

P.S. I once got C-DIFF from sitting in a hospital waiting room while a friend of a friend had surgery. I never even saw any patients or medical staff. But I wasn’t the only one who got C-DIFF from that exposure.

I have no fear of that at all, but I understand where you are coming from. After working in public schools for all those years I think I must have a pretty strong immune system. LOL. But also my Airbnb space is completely separate (other than common air vent and that could be closed).

1 Like

My room is on Air for Traveling Nurses only. 30 day minimum. I have had three good guests (PT, Rad tech, and Scrub nurse), but then I’m picky. I had an inquiry yesterday but when I asked her last name and she said “why?”, that was the end of that. Except for the PT, the other two wore hospital provided scrubs, changed into their regular clothes at the end of shift and then came home and took a shower. I’m not worried.

1 Like

You’re asking a lot! But if @RiverRock can, I guess I will too.
Now what are we going to do about Joe and Bernie?

2 Likes

I am renovating - again.

I am ALWAYS renovating something, for some people it is an event, for others it is a way of life.

RR

1 Like

What is wrong with us? My excuse is having a PEng for a father and a general contractor for a partner. Never satisfied.