WTF?! Monthly rate request! ...and telling me someone else charges $250 but is full

Well it did say MA (Massachusetts)… I think @anon67190644 just already knew what area we are located in, because I had previously mentioned some nearby schools / landmarks and events, specifically a former post about the famous Boston Marathon.

I have been creeping up the prices, basically going with double the fee we started at a couple of months ago. (Maybe triple initial rate in coming months.)

2 Likes

And how much do pilots make in the US? :smile::laughing:
Although from a comercial point of view you should have at least offered him what you do have on offer: “Unfortunately we don’t do long term contracts, but we can rent you the room for 4 nights a month for $US 160,00 (??? Your rate :wink:). That is our going rate. Have a nice day and hope to hear back from you.”

2 Likes

There is also a Lebanon, Maine in the US.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t have even said that. This is not the kind of guest you want!!

1 Like

We’ve had one for 6 months and it’s worked out great!
Don’t have to actively chase guests for our private room listing and it’s enabled us to focus our efforts on our entire place listing elsewhere!

1 Like

We had a guest for 2 months, but the profit was kinda small, since my hubby jumped on agreeing to the 20 / night rate. he turned out to be a very good guest, but I want to try raising the fees and be available to short term guests, now that he has moved out.