Would you swap homes with other hosts in your own city for FREE?

I spoke too soon. No…I would not be interested due to tax implications on bartering and using up so many personal days.

We love Home Exchange for home swaps in OTHER cities. I would rather stay in my house in my own city .

C’mon…you know you really want to step directly out your door onto Las Ramblas…lol.

No, I wouldn’t want to do this for various reasons, most of which are mentioned above. In another country or city maybe but I like to be here when guests are.

Plus, although I would love to stay in @Mearns private island, I don’t think he’d want to swap his fabulous place for my 450 sq ft apartment. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@jaquo Your cool place and you being such a cool person, more than makes up for differences in place or price. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Precisely. And it’s all about timing and availability. If the place down the road is booked, then they’ll come to you if it’s a similar property and vice versa. Also, I don’t mind at all sharing my thoughts, giving advice and suggestions to other hosts. It’s all good for business. I refer people to one of my “competitors” quite often.

@Mearns - I think I love you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:blush:

where do you live that there are tax implications on bartering? just curious

U.S.

Post must be twenty characters

(Awww…do you see Mearns’ pink cheeks…cu-ute!)

1 Like

I worked hard to find just the perfect emote.:sunglasses:

(Morning Sandy) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

small minded people, like the one’s who don’t share a food recipe as my mom tells me about.

Nope. No reason to. If I’d just moved to the area–or was a new host–sure, but I have no reason to now.

And yeah, I don’t need some other host checking me out. I’ve already had that. Nope.