Would You Down-Rate a Guest Like This?

While this guest may have indeed given a bogus number, I have had a couple of guests for whom I got a “not in service” message when I tried to call them. They were perfectly fine guests and not up to anything nefarious, they had just neglected to update their account info when they moved and changed their number.

2 Likes

I’d ask why, if only out of interest.

I totally agree!
Some hosts need to
stand up for themselves and not put up with this type of bullying or game playing. It’s your place after all!

1 Like

I know what the word ‘consider’ means :grin::grin::grin::grin:

I explain it – apparently unnecessarily for you – because often when people say ‘consider’ they really mean that they are if not recommending at least leaning toward that which they are saying is to be considered. But I wanted to clarify that I do not intend that meaning.

Maybe ‘evaluate’ would be better.

To me the negotiations spell trouble. If I were the host I’d have done everything possible not to host him. He sounds entitled and entitled people won’t leave you good reviews.

1 Like

I’d overlook a special request (maybe 2)… but this many is def unusual and red flag for a high maintenance or entitled guest. I’d wait to see if there is anything that comes up during the stay to decide how to draft a review but yeah- I’d think about mentioning. Something along the lines of… “we weren’t able to accommodate the multiple special requests made after booking but hope they enjoyed their stay.” Bless their hearts as my southern friends say.

1 Like

Should have updated this sooner! While it took 6-8 weeks but AirBnB reconsidered. Posted my negative review of the guest and barred them from booking for a year since he was caught lying to them

2 Likes

deleted

wrong thread