Would love to hear everyone's "RED FLAGS"

Please tell me you’re not serious! Damn, I’m going to have check for sure now… … wouldn’t put anything past them!!

Been there for a long time. Some of the yurts and tree houses don’t have hot water, or even running water, so this check box does make sense.

I didn’t notice it when I went and added “lock on bedroom door” a couple of months ago. And there are other amenities I’ve not seen before like “bed linens” and “private living room.” I see “extra pillows and blankets” now. I’m not going to check that as it seems it would just send the message of “yes you can sneak your friend in or make a pallet on the floor for your child.”

Thanks @Debthecat for the heads up.

4 Likes

Second K9’s thanks for the heads up. Why don’t Airbnb inform us about these additions/changes?? Oh yes, I remember now. We get the information months later in a newsletter.
So maybe it wasn’t such a stupid question from my ‘dimwit’ guest after all. Cheers Airbnb, you might have just lost me a booking :frowning:

2 Likes

I only found it when loading the info for a new listing… it’s like someone changing the rule book without telling you and then applying the unknown rule and saying ignorance is NO excuse!
They play with things without informing us… not even a heads up… now check everything every time there is an update!

2 Likes

And I don’t have that one! Or maybe I do and there are just so many checkboxes I am blinded! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Be jealous, very jealous. I love (not!) that if I want to put microwave and refrigerator I have to put those under kitchen. I’ve already had bad experiences with people expecting a kitchen.

1 Like

But Mag doesnt live in a yurt. Obvious from her listing.

You haven’t seen my listing!! I downplay everything to the extent that they are happy there’s actually a roof. But seriously, it’s patently obvious it’s not a yurt or a tent. It does seem a bit daft to have such a basic amenity listed. Yes, we have a laptop friendly workplace, cable TV, a hot tub, washer & dryer and air conditioning but absolutely no hot water!!

4 Likes

What newsletter? Never saw one.

1 Like

Maybe you have the option to receive them unchecked? But yeah, it’s all a bit random and not a regular thing. Every now and then one pops up in my email telling me all kinds of things I’ve know about for months. They really need a better communications person.

Guests who ask if I offer airport pickup. I live 15 miles from the airport!

1 Like

And today I get a newsletter. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I get the same from Russians. Never happy nor appreciative except for one wonderful Russian ladya few months ago.

2 Likes

Generally it’s just the people that clearly don’t read your listing that annoys me. Another one is Americans (sorry Americans!) that seem legitimately mind-blown that you actually walk places in Europe.

We had one particularly grumpy couple from Florida that were disgusted that the closest London Underground station was four minutes walk away from our apartment door, and from there it was just six minutes on the tube to Oxford Circus… anyone that has lived in London before, or visited knows how close and fast that is, and how it is literally gold dust. Nope, not good enough for them though… I think they were expecting the Queen to be our next door neighbor and Big Ben their personal alarm clock.

The only guests we really um and arr over hosting is Australians… only had bad experiences, including one older gentleman that decided to take our fridge freezer apart while we were out one day “because the door made a noise”

4 Likes

I hear you… Some Americans shouldn’t travel. :laughing: You have a killer location! And people who don’t appreciate it are crap guests no matter what their nationality.

Hey, I see you’re in Hawaii :slight_smile:

My wife is originally from Kailua - lovely part of the world!

2 Likes

There are two Kailua’s. One is on Oahu… the other is here! Kailua Kona.

The one on Oahu, just under the USMC base, on Kailua Bay!

Quite true! Lovely lovely spot!