Would anyone with a struggling listing like a free listing Health Check?

Our airbnb listing health check is in BETA stage at the moment so looking for a few hosts that would like their listing looked over by a team of Airbnb pros.

They will receive a report with suggestions and a bit of advice on how to improve your rankings in the search result.

If anyone would like to partake we have 5 spots available, just PM me your listing URL and your email and we will have a report sent out to you.

We would also love your feedback :slight_smile:

Thanks guys!

Linda

What is your company and what makes your team ‘Airbnb pros’.? @Adnie

4 Likes

Hi Helsi,

Our team have run Airbnbs for years and know all the ins and outs. We currently run an Airbnb info website and are trialling the health check as we get a lot of people asking us to have a look at their listings.

Am I allowed to mention where we are from? I know advertising or putting out weblinks are somewhat frowned upon on forums. I am happy to send you any info you like via PM if you are interested.

Ok, head “mean girl” here (inside joke?) but color me annoyed. A little over two years ago you were just starting out and we offered constructive criticism for free. It wasn’t a trial offer for a service, we just did it because we are helpful and care about the reputation and growth of the Airbnb model (or at least I do). Now looking at your profile it doesn’t even seem like you were honest. On top of that, all of your listings should be five star across the board if you are going to offer advice to others, especially on things you can control like accuracy and cleanliness.

We do for free what you want to sell and now you are back to take advantage of us again?

8 Likes

Hahaha! Bet you wish you’d kept your mouth shut now :slight_smile:

Marked down for cleanliness and accuracy as @KKC mentioned above suggests to me that you don’t know any of the ins, or the outs, and you’re just trying to make a quick buck off the back of other hosts.

JF

2 Likes

Hi @Adnie

As you ask - no I don’t know it would be appropriate for you to use this forum to promote your site.

It seems somewhat ironic that you are looking to sell a ‘health check’ to your fellow hosts when your own listing has attracted negative reviews for accuracy and cleanliness.

1 Like

Wow guys, Ok.

As i said, there is a team of hosts and experts that have put this together. There are products already out there that do this same thing that go really well, so thought it would be a good opportunity.

Really wasnt expecting such a negative response as I have always found this forum to be helpful.

Taking advantage? I was offering hosts that may be struggling free advice from a team of hosts and SEO gurus that have been there done that.

Its a shame we live in such a sceptical world, but I guess this has helped me realise, we will continue running the system on random listings as we have been doing. Just thought I would help some hosts out if they needed it.

You forgot to say “I’m kidding. :smile:

We’ve already been doing that since well before you first arrived on this forum. And we do it free. And if anyone on your team knows more than the motley crew here i’d be very surprised. So the bottom line is that the owner of this forum does monetize it with ads. No one blames anyone for trying to find ways to make money but you really have a lot of cheek to think this forum would help you do what it already does…for free.

I saw this thread and I admit that I am skeptical, partly because I now live in a world of internet schemes and partly because I was born and raised in Missouri where the motto is “Show me”. Not to mention there are a couple of posts here every month where somebody wants to provide a service to hosts that just seems like a scam (and usually is).

You say that you “provide suggestions and a bit of advice on how to improve your rankings in the search result.” I believe you, but what I am skeptical about is the effectiveness and value of any report you can provide that is customized to a specific listing. I assume that your goal is to monetize this service, but basically, I believe that you could simply provide a checklist of a few suggestions (less than 20) that would apply to every listing for improving search ranking. There might be additional suggestions, but their impact would be negligible for any listing.

So… Show me the reports from a few listings. Show me the data on how the search results were impacted by following your suggestions and advice. Show me how those customized reports with inputs from your pros/gurus are more valuable than a simple checklist you could provide for any listing.